05

good afternoon it hasn't stopped raining since 3am and its currently 3pm...

for the next while the chapters will be in luke's POV because of course ashton was hit by a car ya know???

///

Luke

I hit the boy head on and he immediately fell to the ground. I ran out of my car towards him just to see that he had hit his head against the road and that his nose had began bleeding. I picked his body up onto my lap and brushed his hair out of his face, was this even something I could've prevented? I reached into his pockets to see if there was anything I could use to identify him by, I felt a piece of paper that read, "Thank you for hitting me, anonymous. -A.I" 

Everything was spinning around me and I felt as if I was going to pass out, I should've just stayed home even if it was awkward with Calum next to me. I shouldn't have even kissed him and then I wouldn't be left in the situation, its all my fault. I'm not sure what to think, I had called an ambulance and the paramedics recommended I step off to the side and allow them to take care of it. I have his blood on my wraps and I have nothing to do except cry. This is all my fault, the scene just continues to play in my head. I was taken to the hospital as well, they told me I need a check up as well and a change of my wraps. I hoped I wouldn't need my mom this time and that I was able to just call Calum.

///

Calum had held my hand in his as we waited for any sign of a doctor outside of Ashton's room, evidently his own family didn't even show up.

"It's not your fault, you know?" Calum's voice was a whisper towards me.

"But it is."

"You even said you found the note."

"It means nothing."

I felt angry that Calum was trying to deny that it was my fault, everyone knew it was. I just wanted to apologize to him, so far there was nothing I could do.

"Hey," the dark haired boy spoke.

"Yeah?"

"Can you scoot closer? It's cold in here."

Just as I did so Calum wrapped his arms around my waist and placed his hands in mine.

"It's okay, I gotcha, Luke. Don't be afraid to fall asleep, I'll wake you up if anything happens."

"You're not mad?"

"At?"

"The kiss."

"Not at all." He smiled and I slowly closed my eyes feeling my best friend's arms on me.

///

this chapter is rlly bad and I'm sorry all I think about while writing this is ghost by halsey lmao.

-gabby!!!