If you let me

Stiles would be lying if he said he wasn't disappointed that Derek decided to take his lunch in his room. His Father and Queen Talia took their lunch in the Garden, leaving Stiles with the princesses. He spoke with them easily, getting to know their hobbies and pointedly not mentioning Derek.

Now, he was in his room, pacing the floor as he often did when a solution eluded him.

"Maybe stop trying," Kira offered from her spot by the door. Despite Stiles' insistence for her to make herself comfortable in his quarters, she insisted on staying by the door just in case.

Stiles paused his pacing to gape at Kira. "Stop trying?"

Kira shrugged. "He's clearly not interested."

Stiles waved his hands frantically through the air. "Not interested? That man kissed me like something out of a fairytale. He was a totally different person at The Lost and Found. I've never been so captivated by anyone. I swear he felt the same."

Kira gave Stiles a sympathetic frown. "Perhaps he was simply playing you. You are known in that Tavern perhaps he already knew who you were."

Stiles shook his head as he continued his pacing. "No. He was upset when he learned who I really was. He didn't know."

"Then he's mad at you for lying to him?"

Stiles' boots pattered across his floor in rhythmic taps. "I didn't lie, I just didn't tell him who I really was. But he did the same thing. I don't understand why he would be so upset."

"Maybe try talking to him."

Stiles shot Kira a glare. "I have. He won't listen. He's too... angry."

"So what are you going to do?"

Stiles sighed before he paused mid-pace. "I've got to prove to him that I wasn't trying to manipulate him. Prove that the connection we felt was real."

"How?"

"How hard would it be to get a dartboard set up?"

Kira raised a brow. "I'll see what I can do on such short notice."

Stiles beamed. "Thanks, you're the best."

As Kira stepped out into the hall to catch the attention of a passing servant, Stiles spoke up again.

"Oh, and if you could have these two books sent to Derek's room, please," Stiles snatched two books from his personal bookshelf and handed them to where Valerie was now standing in his doorway with Kira.

"Yes, Sir," Valerie bowed, taking the books.

Kira's brows knit. "You could have delivered the books yourself."

"I think giving him some space is best. It's a gesture without being too forward. Maybe he'll be more receptive. Maybe he just needs to be mad before he can forgive me. Maybe he'll come around." Stiles waved his arm through the air as if manifesting his hopes.

"You sound convinced."

Stiles tossed Kira a glare, earning a smirk in return.

"If you're done pouting because Prince Derek hasn't fallen madly in love with you yet, you asked me to remind you to speak with Gregory about Oliver." Kira gestured down the hall with a sweeping motion.

"Right. What would I do without you, Kira?" Stiles beamed.

"Get into even more trouble," She snickered.

Stiles nudged her gently with his shoulder as he stepped by her.

**

Derek enjoyed the peace of having his lunch alone in his room. His mother didn't have to know about it and he got to finish his book.