Chapter 5 - Luck

THE TWO OF US STAYED IN THAT position until my nerves calmed down.

This sudden attack was surprising to me since the last time those memories re-surfaced was a year ago. I guess it's because it was never really mentioned like earlier before.

I moved away from his embrace, leaning back the sofa while staring at the ceiling.

A sigh escaped pass my lips, and my hand automatically reached out for my shot glass and chugged the liquor down.

"I'm sorry if i made uncomfortable memories return, Miss Lee." Aqua spoke, making me glance at him.

"Drop the honorifics and just call me 'Cheryll' or 'Cher', please. And, it's alright. It wasn't your fault." I sighed, taking my cup and chugging it straight.

"If that's what you want. Feel free to address me as 'Aqua', then." He smiled, and i nodded in agreement.

' This is unexpected. To think we'd end up like this in just a few hours of knowing each other. . . did i just spend my entire life's luck on this shit? ' I pondered, staring up at the ceiling.

"I guess it's worth it. . ." i whispered, earning a questioning hum from the male.

"What was that?" Aqua asked, and i shook my head.

" Nothing. "

~

I inserted my key into the keyhole, twisting it open and entering the inside of my apartment, locking the door before walking lazily to my bedroom.

I plopped down my bed, staring up at the ceiling with half-lidded eyes, trying my best to stay awake since i still have to wash up.

' I smell like shit, i have to take a bath. . . ' I groaned, forcing my body to sit up and walk to the bathroom.

I didn't know how i got out, but when i woke up, i was naked, and my bed was drenched with water.

" At least i managed to wash up, great job Cheryll, great job. "