Chapter 1 - Selected

I LAID ON MY BED, STARING UP AT THE ceiling with a dazed expression.

The vivid image of that handsome man was still playing inside of my mind, and how he mouthed those confusing words.

'I'll be waiting for you, Cher' He said. . . what does that even mean? I pondered, trying to recall whether I've met or seen him before.

He does seem familiar, but these type of feels happen to me often, so i don't know whether they're real or have any meaning. . . like this one time during 7th grade, a random guy told me he knew me, and he was familiar to me, but i couldn't remember him at all. . . who was he again? I questioned inside my head, shifting slightly.

"Wait. . . now that i think about it, he looked like. . ." I trailed off, then jolted up to get my phone that was charging on top of my desk.

"No way, no way, no way, no way!" I mumbled, swiping the screen of my phone roughly.

Hoshino Aqua

Oh fuck.

It is him.

The guy that i saw on the escalator was the Hoshino Aquamarine.

I mentally screamed, slamming my palm roughly on top of my desk. I weakly plopped down on my chair, leaning back while i stared at my face through the mirror.

"I met him without having make-up on! Darn it!" I scratched my head, wanting to slam my head on the desk's surface, but having a scar or wound on my face is scary.

"I only had liptint and a light layer of powder! He probably thought i looked plain, ARGH!" I sobbed, squishing my face.

"But. . . what did he mean by waiting for me?" I realized, placing my chin on top of my palm.

A notification bar appeared on my lockscreen, i immediately clicked on it to see what it was.

Congratulations, Miss Lee! You were selected as the final participant of 'My Love with an Idol Begins Now! Young Adults Edition! '.

After a through discussion and interview, we have decided that you, Miss Lee Cheryll, passes the desired standard the best out of all the other auditioners.

Please come to the given location below at September 30 on 10:30 A. M.

A private number that only the staff and crew have access on will also be provided for your own convenience.

It will be much appreciated if you arrive before, or on time to avoid taking up too much of everyone's time.

Sincerely,
Kiriko Watanabe.

Address: xxx-xxx-xxx
Company private number: xxx-xxx-xxx

I stared at the screen of my phone.

Finally. . . after auditioning to dozens of TV shows, i got accepted into one. Much more, a famous and profitable one!

During my teenage years, this show was popular, especially when Akane Kurokawa started a massive conflict. It became a hit due to that, and became even more popular once she and Aqua Hoshino started going out through that show.

I envied her back then. Hoshino Aqua was the man of my dreams. He fit my standards perfectly.

Other than my dream of being an actress ever since i was a child, meeting and acting with him was also one of the major reasons why i entered this industry.

Sadly, despite being here for 6 years, the only movie i starred in that became a hit was a year ago. Everything else, became a flop and didn't sell well.

I still have a stable source of income since i invest in real estate and many more, but earning money through acting is a different type of fulfilment.

Balancing my acting career, businesses, investments, and studies are hard, but it's what i love.

Knowing that I won't be able to fall asleep any minute now, i decided to get my newly bought sweater and put on some pajamas to head out for a midnight snack at a convenience store nearby.

This street doesn't have perverts lurking around since the police officers do daily patrols around this area for years now, and the store's only 5 minutes away from my apartment anyways.

I grabbed my phone and wallet, stuffing the keys into the pockets of my sweater and grabbing my pepper spray that was hanging at the hook by the door.

Better be safe than sorry. I nodded to myself, twisting the doorknob and locking it after i got out.

Oh, the elevator's finally working. Took them long enough. I pressed the button and waited for a few seconds, once the elevator door opened, i immediately got in and clicked 'G' for ground floor.

Before the elevator door could close, a hand went in between the slit. I looked up from the floor, and my eyes grew slightly wide upon recognizing who the person was.

"Arima-san?"