Chapter 4 - Comfort

AN HOUR PASSED QUICKLY WHILE THE TWO chatted. I ended up buying more beer, and they drank with me, too.

We drank at least eleven cans, me having drank more than seven cans and one soju. I didn't even get drunk, i was just a bit tipsy.

"Just how high is your alcohol tolerance?" Arima questioned, raising a brow at me.

I shrugged, "Beats me."

"We should've drank at a real bar instead of a convenience store, beer in cans might be too weak for Miss Lee." Aqua commented.

" It's already 1:43 A. M., we should head back now. " I looked at my phone.

The three of us went outside together, Arima said she called someone to pick her up, and Aqua seemed to have brought his car and parked it close by.

After Arima's service arrived, she offered to drop me off. But since she mentioned that she was going to head to her manager's office, i refused and said i could just walk.

I turned to Aqua and spoke, "I'll get going now then."

"Hmm," he hummed, looking at his watch before smiling at me.

"Why don't we drink more? I know a place if you're down." he offered.

I pondered a bit, then decided to go with him since i could really use a breather, and besides, I don't feel sleepy yet.

"Sure, if you don't mind."

~

" So you came here to escape your home? " Aqua handed me another glass, leaning back.

" Yeah. " I looked down the liquor, staring at my reflection.

I pursed my lips, "It was suffocating there."

" Why didn't you get full marks, Cheryll? "

" What did i say about flinching?! Us Lee's must never show fear, we must be flawless! Fearless! As my daughter, you are expected to rise among others, best others, and be at the top! Fear, and mistakes are unacceptable! " I closed my eyes, enduring his screams and lectures."

" Lee Cheryll! "

" We must be perfect.You must be perfect!"

" Cheryll! "

" Correct your mistakes, once more!"

" Cheryll! "

" I assumed all of those were drilled into you the last time you were punished. I stand corrected. "

" LEE CHERYLL! "

" An actress? Hah! You have no talent whatsoever. Besides, haven't i told you? You are bound to inherit our company and rise to the top! Acting and other stupid things are unnecessary. "

" CHERYLL! "

" You are a failure. Disappear this instance. "

"-Iss! -Iss Lee! Miss Lee!? "

" From this point on, i don't have a daughter named Cheryll. "

" Cher! "

I was cut off my trance when i felt a pair of arms embracing me, the liquor i was holding earlier spilled on the floor, the edge of my pajamas drenched.

"I'm sorry for hugging you without permission." Aqua spoke, not pulling away.

"You weren't responding to me, and you were trembling." He added, hugging me tighter.

"I don't know what happened to you back then, but i hope you're okay now." He sighed, caressing my hair gently.

' This is unexpected . . . to think he'd end up comforting me when my trauma shows. . . i feel somewhat relieved. ' I breathed out, burying my face on his shoulder.

' It feels so familiar. '

"Thank you."