Chapter 20

Ty walked into the living room area of the coach, finding Jocelyn sitting on the couch lacing up her shoes. He had just woken up and realized she wasn't laying next to him.
"Uh. Where are you going?" Jocelyn looked up, her pony tail whipping back.
"Good morning to you too." She said as she stood up.
"Good morning." Ty pressed a kiss to her lips. "Where are you going?"
"Taylor asked if I could do the track walk with her and Bennett for Advent Health. Guess Ross does it at almost every track. Her and I are going to lag in the back with Bennett."
"Do you want me to come with?"
"You have things to do before I get back, so I'll be fine. I promise. We'll have a bit of time before you have to be at the driver's meeting. We'll have a light lunch."
"Okay."
"Don't pout." Jocelyn took his head in her heads, giving him a sweet kiss. Ty pouted even more. Jocelyn rolled her eyes, but gave him another kiss. "I'll see you later. Gotta meet Taylor now." Ty watched as she walked out the coach.
"Finally! Thought I was going to have to go in there and find you." Taylor said as Jocelyn reached her at the end of the coach line.
"Sorry, I had to deal with a pouty face."
"That boy has it bad."
"Yeah, TR really misses me right now."
"Is that what you're calling Ty these days?" She asked, Jocelyn giving her a look. "You think I don't know that you're not just staying with him because he's nice?"
"Is it that obvious?"
"Obvious enough for Ross to notice, but not obvious enough for everyone else to notice."
"Neither of you can say anything, please?"
"My lips are sealed. You don't have to worry about Ross. Pretty sure he doesn't care."  The pair headed toward victory lane, that's where everyone else was gathering. Jocelyn and Taylor stayed towards the back of the group as Ross talked. After he was done and they were ready to walk, Ross came up to the trio.
"Hey." Ross gave Taylor a kiss. "Gimme my boy."
"You're going to carry him the whole way?" Taylor asked.
"Absolutely."
"How about in the carrier?" Ross gave her a look. "Don't come whining to me when your boy is too heavy." Taylor unhooked the carrier she was wearing before Ross plucked their son right out.
"Don't worry, I wont." Ross said over his shoulder.
"He's going to whine, isn't he?"
"Every time." They started walking the track, staying a few feet behind the rest of the group. "Have you told Ty yet?"
"Have I told Ty what?"
"Don't play dumb. You love the boy and there's something that's keeping you from telling him."
"Is it that obvious?"
"Very."
"How did you and Ross tell each other?" Taylor smiled.
"It was a couple weeks after we had fixed the "non-exclusive" bullshit we somehow had gotten ourselves into. We had gone to dinner with Erin and Justin. On the way home, Ross was acting weird. As usual." Jocelyn laughed. "I asked him what was wrong and he just went on the rambling tangent about some random shit and then finally said that he loved me. I told him that I loved him too. He couldn't drive home fast enough."
"The 'I love you' sex was top notch, huh?"
"Damn right." She said with a laugh. "I'm assuming he told you?"
"A couple weeks ago. On my birthday."
"And how long have you known that you love him?"
"Since Wednesday. Martin was in my office trying something and I just had a revelation about it."
"It is now Sunday and you still haven't told him?"
"I'm working on it." They finished their walk before Jocelyn headed back to Ty's coach. When she got there, Jocelyn found Ty sitting on the couch scrolling on his phone. "Hey."
"Hey. How was your walk?"
"Good. Lots of gossip to be had." Ty playfully rolled his eyes. "Let me make some lunch for us." Jocelyn went over to the fridge and pulled out some stuff to make some sandwiches. After they were done, Jocelyn cleaned up. "I'm going to shower and change before we head out."
"I'll join you."
"I will not be the reason you are late to the driver's meeting you have to start in the back. Give me 20 minutes. You need to get your suit on." Jocelyn disappeared into the back to shower. She spent her entire shower thinking about how she was going to tell him that she loved him. Jocelyn was honestly scared about what was going to happen after she told him. She got out and dried off. Jocelyn chose to wear a blue v-neck sundress that stopped just above her knees. She braided her hair, pinning it back so they were off her neck. She put her wedged espadrilles on her feet before she was ready to go. "Are you ready to go?" Ty looked up.
"Yeah. How am I supposed to focus before the race knowing you look like that?"
"You'll be fine. Come on, before someone sends out a search party for you."
"Give me two minutes." He said as he grabbed her arm. He pulled her close. "Wish I didn't have to share you right now."
"You can have me all to yourself after the race, okay?" Ty leaned into her, pressing his lips to hers.
"I love you."
"I know. Let's go." They headed out of the coach, finding Morgan and Christopher out there. "Hey, guys!"
"Hey. Wanna head there together?"
"Sure." Ty and Christopher walked in front of Jocelyn and Morgan on the way to the driver's meeting.
"So what do you usually do while he's in the meeting?"
"Hang out in the hauler. Steal some snacks."
"I do like snacks."
"We're going to raid the 20 hauler snacks. We'll see you two later." While the guys headed to the media center, Jocelyn and Morgan went to the hauler. They grabbed some snacks and a drink, sitting in there to talk for a while and Jocelyn used that time to scribble on a piece of paper. By the time they got to pit road, opening ceremonies were about to start. Morgan settled next to her husband, while Jocelyn went to stand next to Chris Gayle. She stole a glance at Ty, seeing the two Monster Energy girls standing by him. After the prayer and anthem, it was time to get into the car. Jocelyn quickly walked over to him.
"Good luck."
"Thanks. Wish I could get a good luck kiss."
"I'll ask Chris Gayle if he wants to give you one." Jocelyn laughed when Ty rolled his eyes. "Before I forget." She handed him the piece of paper. Before he could open it, Jocelyn walked away. Ty finally opened the paper, seeing the words 'I love you too' written on it. As much as he wanted to go to her, Ty had to get into racecar.
The entire race had Ty thinking about what he was going to say to her. Could this mean that they could be public now? Once the checkered flag waved, Ty let out a sigh of relief.
"P5, bud. Great job."
"Thanks for the hotrod today."  Ty pulled the 54 down pit road. He gave his post-race interview, his eyes on Jocelyn talking with Chris the entire time. After the interview, Ty walked over to where his crew chief and Jocelyn were. "How long have you known?" He asked her. Chris walked away without a word.
"What do you mean?" Jocelyn watched as he dug the paper out of his pocket.
"This. How long have you known?"
"Wednesday. During the therapy session with Martin."
"Why did you wait?"
"Because I didn't know how to tell you."
"What does this mean for us? I don't want us to be a secret anymore."
"Ty, we can't."
"Why not? What's stopping us?"
"I don't want to talk about it here."
"Let's go then." They took the long walk back to the coach. The silence was killing Ty, so he knew something was serious. Once they got back to the coach, Ty leaned up against the counter. "What is stopping us from being public?"
"Ty, I really don't..."
"I love you and you love me. What is the problem?" Jocelyn took a deep breath.
"I'm violating the contract I signed with Joe Gibbs Racing."