ii. head over heels

  Thunder would be heard outside of the wheeler's residence. Inside the residence was the group in the basement after taking in two people that seemed like they were lost in the woods at night.  Rain drops tapping the basement window every second, as Thirteen was panting sitting next to Eleven who's heavy breathing. Both of them looked up at the kids that took them in, Thirteen stared at them keeping in watch and making sure they weren't bad people.

"Is there a number that we can call your parents?" One of them asked the two being Mike.

"Where's your hair do you have cancer?" Dustin asked.

Layla slapped Dustin on the arm but it wasn't hard, It was more like a watch out for what you say. "Dustin you can't ask people that!?" She told him.

"Did you run away?"

"Are you in some kind of trouble?"

  "Is that blood?" Lucas noticed it on Thirteen's mouth that was already wet by now from the rain. Without any warning he tried touching it but Thirteen will automatically flinch once his hand came close but his hand got pulled away by Mike.

"Stop it you're freaking him out!"

   "They're both freaking me out!" Lucas argued looking back at both of them. Layla stood behind them looking at the kids who she thought were boys, She was kind of scared because of the blood on Thirteen but stood there watching the situation unfold.

"I bet they're deaf!" Dustin told the group and clapped in front of their faces causing Thirteen & Eleven to jump at the same time because of the noise. Thirteen's face looked irritated because of everything going on and he just wanted to get out. "Not deaf." Dustin shrugged.

"All right that's enough! all right? They're just scared and cold." Mike said to his friends. Layla stared at them before asking a question playing with the necklace she was wearing.

"Are they boys or are they girls?" She asked.

The boys looked at Layla and back at Thirteen & Eleven. 

Thirteen stared at them holding hands with Eleven, He had mixed feelings about them. They're irritating but they seemed safe & pretty harmless. 

"I don't even know but that's not what matters right now." Mike responded to the confused Layla, As he walked away from the boys & Layla and walked to a basket that had clothes in it to give to Thirteen & Eleven.  Once he got them and brought the clothes back, He showed it to them. "Here, these are clean okay?" He handed the clothes to Thirteen & Eleven who hesitated for a bit before grabbing it.

Thirteen looked at the clothes for a bit before standing up with Eleven beginning to take off their clothes but was stopped quickly by the group who yelled. Layla held onto Dustin looking the other way. "Oh my god!" She yelled.