- 22 -

Izuku looks at him, his mouth slightly twisted into a frown before he forces himself to relax, taking a deep breath. He musters out a smile, his shoulders now a lot more relaxed than before.

 "You're right! You'll be there the whole time and it's not like your parents are bad people or anything!"

 Izuku seems to be trying to convince himself more than just telling Katsuki all of this, but that's fine, whatever gets the nerd to his house for dinner.

 "Of course I'm fucking right." 

Katsuki sits up straight and pushes Izuku's shoulder with his hands, urging him to get the fuck out of the booth.

 "Now get your ass moving! We only have a couple of hours left until we gotta go and there is another claw machine!"

 At the mention of the claw machine, Izuku brightens up, temporarily pulled away from his nervous thoughts. He sweeps his hand against the table, scooping up his all mights while scooting out of the booth. 

"Where?" 

Katsuki's hands dig into the cracked plastic of the booth before he finally gets himself out, looking at the nerd's excited eyes. 

"I'll show you come on." 

The smell of pizza and children is starting to hurt his head, so he admits that he may have been quick to drag Izuku out of there. The smell ebbs somewhat when they get out of the eating section of the arcade and to the actual games. 

The rest of their arcade hang out goes smoothly, and Katsuki doesn't even have to drag Izuku to the games away from the front counter since the nerd is way too engrossed in the two of them getting prizes. 

Katsuki even convinces him that they should save their remaining tickets for the next time they come here, perfectly avoiding any more conversation with that Uraraka girl. He does see her eyes lingering on them when they walk out of the glass doors, which pisses him off.

 The high of the many victories and the joy of holding so many all might plushies seems to wear down the further away they get from the arcade. Izuku's big grin wavers and Katsuki can already see the signs of an oncoming nervous rant.

 He quickly looks at the blonde next to him, green eyes wide. 

"Ohmy godkacchan what are we going to do?!"

 His arms wrap tighter around his plushies. 

"Itsnotlikewecanbackoutright?Youthinkyourmomwouldmind Ofcourseshewouldmind,andyourdad wouldtoo,Iwouldfeelsobadifwedidbackout,sowehavenochoicebutstillimsonervousIfeellikeImgoingtothrowuporsomethingkacchanwhatifIthrowupandyourparentsthinkitsbecauseofthefoodIwouldbesoembarressed-"

 Katsuki just lets him ramble on, but as the minutes tick past, the nerd still hasn't stopped freaking out. He puts his hand in Izuku's curls and pushes slightly, interrupting him as he cuts off his rambling to say, 

"Stop kacchan!" 

Katsuki untangles his fingers from his hair and puts his hands in his pockets, a stern expression on his face.

 "You're the one who needs to fucking stop. I said it'll be fine so it fucking will be. If its shit, then at least you got some kickass food out of it." 

Izuku looks at him for a moment, seemingly at ease again.

 "I'll just think about the food instead of your parents kacchan."