painkiller || CL16 & MV1

Mexico 2023 - Sunday after the race

Charles had finished his media and was already back in his drivers room, he was scared. During his interviews and in the paddock, everywhere he had gotten insults and even small jolts. All the natives had looked at him in a way like they would immediately fall over him and kill him.

It hadn't been his intention to take out Checo in the first corner but Charles had been sandwiched between him and Max and he had nowhere to go, they had to accept it. But of course Checo was their hero and even it wasn't Charles fault they blamed him for it.

The Monegasque even texted the Mexican saying that he was sorry and felt for him. If anyone knew what it was like to screw up their home race, it was Charles. There was no year in which the Monaco GP went well for him so he knew the feeling.

But his fans would never insult another driver or blame them for it. Okay, to be fair it often was Ferraris fault and no other driver was involved but that's not the point, at least not for Charles.

At the beginning of this weekend he had laughed at Max for appearing with two body guards but what would he give now to have them. He had laughed and told the Dutch that showing up with two protectors just because of a few boos was ridiculous.

But now he was the one sitting here in his drivers room, scared to walk back to the hotel. His trainer had already gone back and also Carlos was already back at the hotel because the top three drivers always had more media to do.

Asking Max for one of his body guards was an option but because he had seen the Dutch leaving before it was also nothing possible now. Hopefully most of the fans had already gone home, Charles thought as he stood up, packing his things together to leave the hospitality.

The sun was already going down as Charles finally left the paddock, scared looking around every step. The hotel was only ten minutes away and yesterday it had been no problem walking them back so today there was again no car for him at the track.

Half of the way behind him was Charles crossing a little park with a lot of trees which made the way a lot darker then the rest of the streets he had gone passed. Suddenly the Monegasque heard voices behind him, speaking in Spanish.

"Look who dares walking here!" someone suddenly shouted and Charles immediately shrugged together but pretended to not hear anything.

He kept walking but after two steps he felt a hand on his shoulder. The moment he turned around he felt a sharp pain in his face followed by the feeling of blood running from his nose.

"Wha"

He couldn't even finish his words as another man boxed in his stomach. Surprised by the sudden pain Charles collapsed to the ground while hearing the laughs from the three man.

"Look at that garbage." the third man said with a deep voice before kicking against Charles with such a force that the Monegasque was turned and landed on the wet grass next to the trail.

"Please." he begged and dared to look up where he was met with three big grins.

"If you take Checo out than we can take you out, it's just fair, don't you think?"

The Monegasque whimpered and buried his face in his hands as tears were falling out of his eyes. He was scared for his life and all the pain he felt was getting even worse. Especially as one of the man kicked against his torso again.

Suddenly Charles heard the men saying some words in Spanish to each other and their voice sounded less angry and more in panic. Still crying in his hands the Monegasque heard foot steps that were coming their way and then everything happened so fast.