fan theories || LN4 & CS55

fictional Sunday after the race

It was impossible, at least today. The weather had changed and the chaos had broken out so another car had driven into Landos McLaren which had caused him to end the race early. Quickly he had done his media duties and was now back at the hotel, watching the end of the race on television.

The race just ended and Max had won again but Lando wasn't focusing on him, he was looking at the car behind the plate with the big number 3 on it, the red Ferrari with the number 55. As soon as the Spaniard jumped out of the car and the camera zoomed in on him, Lando felt a tingle on his lips.

What would have happened if he had won this race today, had he really told Carlos about his feelings? Probably not, so it was the best how his race ended today, Lando thought. There wasn't a chance Carlos had enjoyed the short kiss they had shared earlier today in his drivers room.

But Lando had and on the one side he wanted nothing more than to do it again but on the other hand he hated himself for doing it because it probably had destroyed their friendship. Carlos was probably more than surprised and now hated the Brit, at least that's what Lando thought.

He couldn't watch that, him, so Lando decided to shut the TV off and take a nap. His plane wouldn't leave until tomorrow noon so there was plenty of time for him to relax and try to sort his feelings before meeting Carlos again at the next race.

After an hour or so Lando was bored and scrolled over his phone until the chat with the Spaniard was open on his screen. The last texts were from yesterday when they wished each other luck for the qualifying.

They always sent each other little texts before the session just to wish they other one luck or make a joke about their performance. Today was the first time they hadn't done it and Lando blamed himself for that.

Probably Carlos didn't want to have anything to do the younger driver and therefore didn't sent a text. But now he had reached the third place and Lando kinda had the need to congratulate him on that, even though the weird situation between them.

The text had long been written but Landos thumb was hovering over the "Send" button for more then ten minutes now. What would Carlos do? Ignore the text, read it and then ignore it or worse, block him right away, Lando was prepared for everything.

So before he could longer think about it he clicked the button and quickly turned his screen upside down on the bed and ran into the bathroom to take a shower.

Congratulations on your podium, you really deserve it mate!

The hot water was running down his with goosebumps covered skin and the steam was filling the bathroom quickly. Landos heart beat was higher than during the race today and he was nonstop thinking about his phone on the bed, just five meters away in the other room.

With a towel wrapped around his lower waist Lando slowly stepped out of the bathroom after standing under the shower for ages. Shaking his hand reached out for the phone and he slowly set down on the bed.

His breathing got nervously heavier as he clicked on the screen and a notification popped up, from Carlos. Scared Lando typed the password into his phone and immediately his chat with Carlos opened cause he had forgotten to close it before.

Thanks buddy, such a shame how your race ended, I am sorry for you.

Lando read out loud before noticing the message under it.