He turned the lights off and followed Alex upstairs to her room. She turned her nightstand light on and started to unpack her things as Kayce lay down in the bed. He tucked his arms under his pillow as Alex went into the bathroom to get ready. Her body was tired as she washed her face. By the time she walked out, Kayce was almost passed out himself.

She turned the light off and crawled into the bed, snuggling up to Kayce's side. He pulled his arm out and wrapped it around her. It was quiet in the house as Alex listened to Kayce fall asleep, joining him soon after.

**

"I don't understand, how did you not see the branch, Jimmy?" Alex asked as she cleaned up Jimmy's forehead.

"I was looking at the ground," Jimmy told her.

"Let the horse look at the ground," Alex leaned back to inspect her work. "You focus on what's coming so you can guide the horse."

"I guess," Jimmy shrugged.

"Alright," Alex wiped away the remaining blood from Jimmy's skin. "You're good to go, but it'll need another cleaning tomorrow."

"Thanks, Alex," Jimmy stood up and walked out of the stall.

Alex cleaned up her station and put away a few items before sitting down at her laptop. She went over her second supply order, making sure to add gauze and a few more items this time around.

"Hey," Kayce was leaning against the stall door with a smile on his lips.

"Hey," Alex said. "What're you doing home early?"

"I was gonna go grab Tate," Kayce shrugged. "Wanted to see if you'd want to come with me and we could grab supper on the way back?"

"Oh...um, are you sure?" Alex lowered her laptop.

"Only if you want to, babe," Kayce didn't change his smile.

"I don't know, Kayce," Alex sighed.

"Divorce is finalized tomorrow morning when the lawyers press submit," Kayce said, holding onto the stall door and leaning back. "Wanted it done before the holiday."

"What?" Alex stood up from her chair.

"Yeah," Kayce nodded. "Just got off the phone with Jamie on my way here."

"You're...it's over?" Alex asked, walking over to stand in front of Kayce on her side of the door.

"Tomorrow morning," Kayce nodded. "But yeah."

Alex had to push back the large smile that graced her face for a split second. She cleared her throat, knowing it was a bad taste for her to act like this. Kayce's eyes told her that, even though it was wanted...this wasn't and hadn't been easy.

"Are you fifty-fifty with Tate?" She asked him.

"Thirty-seventy during the school year, fifty-fifty in the summer," Kayce said. "Driving him to school on the res is gonna be a bitch though."

"Well..." Alex tried to find the silver lining. "It could be much worse."

"Could still be married," Kayce shrugged.

"I guess," Alex frowned.

Kayce smiled at her.

"Come with me to get Tate," Kayce pulled open the stall door.

"Hold on," Alex turned and grabbed her laptop, not liking to leave it in the barn after work.

She and Kayce walked over to his truck, Kayce opened the passenger door for Alex. It took a while to navigate on the highway, it was the end of the work day by the time they made it through and out toward the Reservation.