Chapter 2

As the Suburban begins to turn into the private garage under SoFi Stadium, Karlie feels her heartbeat skyrocket and her breath becomes shallow.

'I'm a fucking idiot. What am I doing here? She hates me. Everyone here hates me' she thinks to herself.

The driver parks the car and Misha exclaims "let's fucking go bitches! I need a drink! This show is going to be so sick!"

Her door is opened and a wobbly, lightheaded Karlie steps out of the car.

She feels her phone vibrate in her handbag and pulls it out.

Kariann: KIMBY WTF

Kristine: What'd she do now?

Kimby: Hahahahah I tweeted La La La and they're all asking me what I know

Kariann: Dumbass.

Kristine: Kimby are you shitting me? There's something wrong with you.

Kimby: Have fun Kar!!!! :) tell Tay I miss her

Karlie groans and puts her phone back in her bag.

"Ready babe?!" Misha exclaims as she hooks one hand in Karlie's arm, the other hand linked with Mikey's.

"As ready as I'll ever be" Karlie responds with a forced smile.

They head into the stadium and the moment they are past the security gate, Karlie notices a group of girls staring at her.

'Oh god, here it comes' she thinks as the girls begin to approach her.

"Oh my god you're Karlie Kloss!" the first girl says excitedly.

"Knockout in the fucking flesh! Holy shit!" says another.

"Can I give you a bracelet? Oh my god, can we take a picture?" a third asks.

Karlie, with a genuine smile and laugh, responds "of course! You guys look amazing! Are you excited for the show?"

All three girls respond simultaneously with a flurry of 'yaaass' and 'oh my god' and other things of the like she couldn't quite make out.

Karlie poses for a photo with the three girls and they hand her friendship bracelets as they say their goodbyes and the girls head off to her seats.

Karlie walks to where Mikey and Misha are standing waiting for her and they begin making fun of her for being called 'Knockout'.

Karlie laughs along with them and takes a look at the bracelets the girls handed her.

The first – '123LGB'

The second – 'KARMA.IS.A.CAT'

The third – 'A.REAL.FKN.LEGACY'

Karlie looks at the third bracelet and almost forgotten memories rush back to her in a flash.

---

"Come in! It's unlocked!" Karlie shouts when she hears her doorbell ring.

"Hey Karlie!" she hears Taylor yell in response as the front door shuts.

Soon enough, the older girl is greeting her in the front hall with a big hug and what appears to be a pet travel bag.

"Sorry, I really hope you don't mind that I brought Meredith! She's on a new allergy medication and I have to watch her 24/7 for the next week to make sure she doesn't have a bad reaction. Oh my god, you're not allergic to cats right?" Taylor blurts out in one breath.