Chapter 1

"Are you sure you want to do this Kar? We don't have to go. We can skip it and go get dinner at Nobu. I know you've missed sushi for the last 9 months. Or we could go to -"

"Stop. Please. I'm sure. It's just a concert. I'll be fine Mikey."

"If you're sure."

Mikey is aware of the lions den Karlie is putting herself into and trying to give her a last ditch out. For the last 4 years, she has been receiving constant hate comments and even death threats from Taylor Swift fans. Article after article about how she betrayed her former best friend. She's the crook who was caught in their eyes. The worst of it was when she announced her pregnancy with Levi. These people called him Satan's spawn. Mikey, Misha, Josh, and Karlie shared a home during the pandemic. They saw first-hand what harsh words on the internet can do to someone, at the expense of Karlie.

"I am" Karlie says as she puffs out a sigh of annoyance.

'They have no idea they're about to sit through song after song, hit after hit, written about me' Karlie thought.

Very few knew about the true course of Karlie and Taylor's relationship. Karlie's sisters, Taylor's brother, a few close friends of each girl. Mikey and Misha didn't know and Josh certainly didn't know that they were never just friends. Of course, they had heard the rumors. Everyone has. But Karlie always denied them. Claimed they were best friends. Best, best friends even. But nothing more.

But the truth is, Karlie and Taylor had once shared something that Karlie could only describe as magical. She loves Josh, she loves the life they have together. The comfortable, quiet life with the beautiful family they are raising together and more money than anyone would ever need. It should be her dream. Handsome, successful guy who is loyal to her and loves their family more than anything. But she was, fuck, probably still is, in love with Taylor. From the second she laid eyes on her. The makes-you-sick-to-your-stomach when they leave the room kind of in love. Stand-in-front-of-a-bullet-for-you-without-a-second-thought kind of in love. Taylor was a part of Karlie's soul. Apart, Karlie never felt whole.

"I'm still surprised Josh let you come without him. Figured he'd want to chaperone to make sure you don't stir up any more lesbian rumors and ruin that deal he's working on in Asia" Mikey said with a chuckle.

Karlie rolled her eyes and opted not to think about how the internet would react to her very unexpected visit to The Eras Tour.

Thankfully for Karlie, Misha picked the perfect moment to finally join them in the car with a change of subject.

"Ready! Sorry to make you bitches wait! Do you have the tickets Kar?" granting a laugh from Mikey.

"Yep. In my Apple Wallet."

"Yay! Where are we sitting? Are we going to be in the tent? I heard Adam Sandler was going tonight! I fucking love Adam Sandler! Have you ever seen Grown Ups? I swear that movie is based on Josh and Mikey."

"We're not in the tent, Mish" Karlie said quietly.

"Wait what? Taylor didn't give you VIP tickets?"

"I didn't get the tickets from Taylor."

A silence that lasts far too many seconds envelops the Suburban currently in route to SoFi stadium.

Misha breaks the silence - "where'd you get them from Kar? Does Taylor know we're coming? I thought you said Taylor invited us?"

Karlie pinches her nose in frustration and takes a breath. Already feeling agitated and sensitive from the postpartum life, the last thing she wants to discuss with Mikey and Misha is the real reason why she is attending the show tonight.