chapter 11 - like zoinks scoob we got a mystery to solve!!

Caleb had yet again, stated another project. It was either the 7th or 8th project he was working on currently but he just couldn't resist on this!

He was making a Google sheet with every magic combination he could discover, their effects, and anything interesting he could discover about them.

This process required a lot of experimentation. One thing Caleb found out is that 3 or more elements mixing would only lead to a very unstable "void" element. Caleb didn't know what it actually did besides shoot black goo. Thankfully the goo would dissipate in a few seconds so he wouldn't have to deal with that.

Caleb had found some... interesting combinations to say the least. Most of his favorites were part of the "aether" element. Aether and fire would create what he called "piercing flame". It was basically fire that could go through walls. Another, being water and aether, was floating water that could be used to create floating platforms.

After a few hours of experimenting with magic, Caleb and kyper had decided to do some more investigating on the whole skystreak situation, since they were both very interested in what was going on there.

They both left kyper's house to go to the library, which was like 100x bigger than any library Caleb had ever been too.

"AWW YEAH It's research montage time!!!" Caleb yelled before blasting the remix 9 theme from rhythmn heaven for literally no reason.

"DUDE, WE ARE IN A LIBRARY." Kyper responded.

"Oh yeah I forgot lol. Also we aren't in a frigging wattpad fanfic so it's not like that'd do anything." Caleb sighed.

They looked around for a few hours, looking through anything that could give them any sort of lead about skystreak.

"I may have found a lead!" Kyper stated before showing Caleb the book he was reading. "This is an illustration of skystreak from an old book about the royal family!"

Yep, that was skystreak alright. Caleb wasn't able to really tell him apart from all the other pheonixes. He was still not the best with that. The main thing he noticed about him is, like Caleb and kyper, he was a proficient magic user who loved spellcasting. This was a huge lead, since no other pheonixes besides them even cared about magic.

A red with brown streaked pheonix with an angered look started approaching kyper and Caleb.

"EXCUSE ME Can you SLAGY WAGGY SAGGY BALL SACKIES quiet down! Some people are trying to write their gay human x pheonix fanfiction- I mean uhhh normal regular pheonix fiction books yes indeed" the new pheonix exclaimed.

"Wait you write human x pheonix fanfiction?" Caleb asked.

"WHAT HOW DID YOU KNOW" the pheonix screeched.

"Uhhh you... told us?"

"Ok I guess we're even now. Anyways, my name's Sulphurcide, also known as the only intelligent pheonix business-wise. I'm trying to hop on the human world bandwagon by writing books that might appeal to them so I can rake in some fat cash once we contact them!" Sulpercide proudly exclaimed. Caleb had to admit, this was a fairly smart move on their part. He knew a lot of people who would love to read that. That list would have included him, if he wasn't literally living that out at the moment.

"Well this is kyper and I'm uhhhhhh-" Caleb trailed off. He had to think of a better name than redwing, and FAST.

"Sandwing. He's still a bit forgetful about his new name, since he just got it changed from shitstain." Kyper ad libbed, hoping the other pheonix bought it.

"OH MY SLAGMEISER YOUR NAME WAS SHITSTAIN?!?!??!? THAT IS FUCKING PEAK COMEDY!!!!!" Sulphercide laughed.

"So anyways, what brings you SLAGS to the library?" Sulphercide asked.

"Oh, we're trying to find out more info on the missing royal family member skystreak." Kyper responded.

"Alright uh good luck I guess, I'll go back to writing some juicy sex scenes." Sulphercide left.

That was certainly the conversation of all time.

Caleb and kyper, after about an hour of researching, decided they had sufficient information about skystreak to go plan a search for them.

They had learned he was last seen near the human world entrance, which gave them a great place to start.

Caleb attempted some more magic combos and found out that aether and life could create a tracking ghost, which could find anything in the same dimension as it, with the catch being that it didnt move and could only point in a direction. The main problem is that they were incredibly exhausting to use, so they'd have to be used as sparingly as possible.

Caleb and kyper decided to set off tommorow, it would be a very busy day.