Two

Vladikovo was gloomy—-the clouds were overcast as rain continuously poured downward.

     Eviirs Rousseau continued to make his way down the stone street, his hand buried deep within his jacket pockets.

    Eviirs had set out from Paris, arriving in Vladikovo not to long ago. He was accompanied by two friends of his—-Sean Ó Breacáin and Ferox Ma'sud.

     "This place is dead," Sean said as he continued to walk in sync with Ferox, not too far behind Eviirs. Red curls continued to lay upon Sean's forehead as freckles decorated his face.

     "Yeah…" Ferox replied, making sure to bury her tanned neck within her scarf to protect from the cold. "Eviirs… Are you sure people actually live here?"

     "Yes, Ferox," Eviirs answered. "People do live here… Aayan's supposed to live around here, matter of fact."

      "So everyone here is nocturnal then?" Ferox began to say. "Oh, that makes me feel so much better."

     The group headed on a little bit farther before stopping.

     Eviirs let his red gaze fully fall upon the weathered home to his left. He sucked in a breath. "This is the place."

     "This is where this guy lives?" Ferox asked. "...In this place that should be condemned?"

      Eviirs nodded. "Yeah. Come on." He beckoned to his friends as he made his way down the stone walkway.

      "Should we?" Ferox asked Sean as she looked over at him.

      Sean adjusted his glasses, sighing. "Well," he began in a soft tone, his accent very thick and prominent. "I'd say no… We're probably going to die if we knock on that door."

     "But, I guess Eviirs thinks that dying's the fun part," Ferox interjected.

      "Well, he's stupid," Sean replied quickly, clearly not meaning that in a harmful way. "I mean… if he's here just to get killed… Then why? There's so many other ways to accomplish something like that… This would just be so gruesome." He swallowed. "I… I should shut up." The Irishman hanged his head.

     "To death we march then," Ferox joked. Though she meant it in a joking way, she was sure that was true. There was a raging paranoia deep with Ferox's mind that she, Eviirs, and Sean wouldn't be able to leave this place alive—-or at least, they'd be slaughtered in their sleep.

     Finally, Sean and Ferox made it to the door where Eviirs stood.

     "Go ahead. Knock," Ferox eagered Eviirs.

      Eviirs inhaled deeply as he placed his fist gently on the door. He blinked a few times before knocking on the door.

     There was no response.

     "Welp, we tried. Let's go home," Ferox said, sounding bored of this whole scenario.

      Eviirs let his hand glide down to the doorknob. Maybe it's unlocked, he thought to himself. He twisted the knob only for it to open.

      "So this guy just leaves his door unlocked? What kind of idiot does that?" Ferox asked, seemingly confused by Aayan's actions.

      "It would appear so," Sean added on.

      Eviirs hesitated before entering the home, Sean and Ferox slowly slinking behind him.

      Ferox danced her finger along the mantle above the fire place. Then, she pulled it back, noting the dust on it. "Would it kill this guy to dust once and a while?"

     "I…" Eviirs stopped, abruptly.

     "Who are you?" A heavily accented voice echoed from the doorway.

       Eviirs gulped. We're so dead.