Five

Eviirs blinked a few times in shock of what Aayan had just done.

     Aayan pulled back slightly, breathing gently on Eviirs' lips. "I'm sorry," the Palestinian man apologized.

     Eviirs gripped onto Aayan's arms. "No, no. Don't apologize. It's okay."

     "I must look like a jackass," Aayan began to say. "I mean… I'm a siren who just kissed someone without permission… I must've looked like I was trying to seduce you or something." He looked away from Eviirs.

    "You're fine, Aayan," Eviirs tried to assure the older man. He inhaled. "You said I was a siren too, remember? So, regardless… It would've looked bad on both of our parts."

    Aayan looked back up at Eviirs, meeting his scarlet gaze once again. He swallowed. "Yeah…" He breathed. "We're both sirens."

     Eviirs hesitates before placing a hand on the side of Aayan's face.

    Aayan gently took ahold of Eviirs' wrist and leaned into his grasp. He swallowed once more, his yellow eyes wide.

     Oh gods, how hurt has he been?, Eviirs began to think to himself. Who hurt him?

     "Thank you," Aayan whispered. "Thank you for not getting angry with me for kissing you."

     Eviirs bit his lip a little. Come on, Eviirs! This pretty boy just kissed you, his mind began to say. He thinks you're angry with him. The least you could do is kiss Aayan back.

     Eviirs' gaze dropped downward as he began to stare at Aayan's soft lips. He slid his hand underneath Aayan's chin, so it no longer rested on the side of Aayan's face. Eviirs tilted Aayan's head upward as he slowly moved his thumb across Aayan's bottom lip.

    Aayan's cheeks flushed pink. His golden eyes only grew wider as he continued to stare up at Eviirs from where he kneeled, unmoving.

      Oh? Is he at… my mercy?, Eviirs began to think. Am I doing the seducing? He smirked a little.

      Aayan felt his heart rate increase a little more when Eviirs smirked.

      Eviirs leaned in slowly, breathing on Aayan's lips. "Don't think I'm angry with you," he whispered. "I'm not."

       Aayan felt several shivers race through his body as Eviirs whispered against his lips.

      Eviirs closed his eyes, slowly before gently kissing Aayan.

     Aayan's heart fluttered as he closed his eyes as well, easing himself into the kiss.

      Eviirs pushed into the kiss harder—-more passionately. What was this feeling Eviirs felt? Lust, he believed it to be. He wanted Aayan. His hand moved down to Aayan's neck.

     Aayan smirked a little against Eviirs' lips before pushing Eviirs backward.

─┉─¡! • !¡─┉─

    Aayan held onto Eviirs' hand as they made their way through the night time woods outside of Vladikovo—-twigs breaking and leaves crunching underneath their boots.

     The Halloween night air continued to race about in the sky.

     Aayan gestured to the stone circle that sat in front of them.

     The stone circle wasn't as impressive as Stonehenge, but it was still so massive.

     "See that?" Aayan began to whisper to Eviirs. "That's… that's something I can't quite explain."

      "Oh? Really?" Eviirs chuckled. "I thought you knew everything there was to know about Vladikovo."

       Aayan held in a laugh as he rolled his golden eyes. "I don't know how it got here… Or even when it did. But, it's the source of all of the strange happenings in Vladikovo… It's a portal to Aexiazan… You know… part of the underworld."

      Eviirs raised an eyebrow. "It's a portal to Hell?"

     "In a way, yeah…" Aayan said, in response. "Come on," he beckoned to Eviirs as they continued to walk again. "I've got this friend—-Dasha Sklairova… I'm sure she can tell us more about it."

     With that, Eviirs and Aayan disappeared into the night.