Chapter 3

Anastasia's pov:

He is a bastard. An arrogant bastard.

God I wish I could kill him with my bare hands.

After meeting Dante, I got on the plane again heading back to Barcelona. During the whole flight Matteo tried to get me to calm down which was a failure. I was so angry that I felt my blood was boiling in my veins.

Once we land, my phone rings. It's Papa. I am sure he got alerted of my arrival. I take a deep breath before answering his call: "Si Papa!". "I want you in my office once you reach the mansion." He orders and the call ends.

Twenty minutes later, I walk, for the second time today, into my father's office. This time he is seated behind his desk having a bourbon. I take a seat on one of the chairs in front of his desk.
"So tell me how did it go?" He interrogates.
How the hell am I going to blow out the news to him? Not daring to look at him straight in the eyes, I lower my head and I say: "Papa I don't have good news."

I lift my head. He brings the bourbon to his lips and takes a sip before placing the glass again on his desk.

"Explain." He commands.

"I was so open to negotiation. Dante, on the other hand, refused to deal with me. He told me that you should have gone there by yourself." That's when I begin stammering. "And... And..."

I know that what I am going to say next will add fuel to fire. I stop talking for a second to regain my courage. I close my eyes. "One of his men tried to approach me. So, I killed him." I blurt out.

I reopen my eyes and I lift my head to examine his expression. He has a tense jaw and his brows are furrowed. He mutters something under his breath. He is probably cursing.

In front of me, even when we are talking about business, Papa made sure to never curse no matter how angry he was. He always respected me and I really appreciate it.

Suddenly, he hits his fist on the table making me jump in my seat. "Merida." He curses and I freeze in my place, my eyes widening in surprise. Well I guess there is first time for everything after all.

"I made a bad choice. I should have gone there by myself. I should have known by sending you there that this would happen. The Cosa Nostra are very conservative. They don't involve woman in their business."

I remain quiet, not wanting to say something wrong and make things worse.

"Anastasia why the hell would you kill one of them? You should've controlled yourself."

I think I screwed up for the first time since I was introduced to world of mafia. The problem is I don't regret it that much. My feminist side is pretty proud of what I did. I made a point out there in front of Dante.

"Do you understand the gravity of our situation. We can't fight longer. This war needs to end. We need to figure out another way to make peace with him." He stops talking and silence fills the room. All I can hear is my breathing rhythm with each raise and fall of my chest. "I am going talk to him Capo to Capo. Of course if he still wants to sit with me."

He is right. If Dante chooses to extend the war further, after my encounter with him today, it could be the end of us especially that the Russians are causing problems for us.

"You are dismissed now. Let me figure out what I am going to say to Dante. »

Once out of my father's office, I decide to visit one of our casinos. I always want to show up there unexpectedly to check on how our business is doing.

Half an hour later, I park in front of the Bella Luna, I get out of my Lamborghini and give the keys to the servant's valley.

Now, I am allowed go around the city by myself. When I was younger, under the age of sixteen to be precise, papa obliged me to be escorted by at least two guards. He was afraid that I get hurt. I can't really blame him. We had enemies everywhere.