Love in a 𝗴𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀 𝗱𝗼𝗺𝗲. - pt. 8 "𝗣𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗹'𝘀 𝗴𝘂𝗶𝗹𝘁"

About part eight:

10.9K words

Warnings: drinking (alcohol), smoking (cigars), drunkenness, guilt, fear, regret, death, mentions of autism

Mentions: empathy, interruption, coldness, jealousy, sinister expressions, deep atmosphere description, idyllic scene, girl's beauty, Japanese luck, deep emotions, sincere apology, mocking, powerlessness, intimidation, admiration, hurt male ego, stealing, sadness, pain, memories, loss, horror, zoning out, disappointment, elegance, support, turmoil, despair, shock

─────────────────────────

×

Empathy.

True empathy is a thing that is rarely found in humans nowadays, in a world where everyone is constantly evolving around themselves, where everyone is only thinking of their own advantage, where others do not matter if they do not fit into one's grande scheme of things. And yet I was quite literally holding true empathy in my hands right now.

Empathy in the purest form of his careful touches, of his well-chosen words, of the slightly softened expression in his eyes, his whole appeal, his deep melodic and even melancholic voice. "𝘐𝘧 𝘪𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳, 𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶.." Yes. Yes that thought indeed made me feel better. So much better.

My head moved in a barely noticeable and unintentional nod, a inobstrosive gesture of approval that I didn't even notice myself, while I was just drowning in his dark unfathomable lakes of eyes. I was diving, or better falling, deeper and deeper into the cold dark waters, however, I was embraced by the cold in there with warmth. Absurd, but to me it was the most logical thing, as I could feel the warmth of his strong hands, the fire that was hidden somewhere behind the enormous masses of seemingly endlessly deep water. The fire that was able to provide the warmth I was longing for..

His voice pulled me out of my mesmerisation and I chuckled at his witfull words. The words I had already formed in my head as an response got stuck in my throat with the disturbing knock at the door.

A moment of silence followed. This knock seemed to be the harrowing reminder that there was still a world beyond this door, a world full of cruelty and without any empathy for two such complex and fragile souls that carefully tried to explore each others depths in the calm and sheltering darkness of the night. I took a deep breath and slowly retrieved my hand from his grip, my fingertips caressing over his skin in deep longing and my eyes filled with an excusing expression, even though it wasn't my fault that someone was knocking at my door. The silence was broken by another, even harsher knock.

- You shouldn't plant such ideas into my mind..

I said with a soft grin, ignoring the penetrant intruders for a little while longer, as I refused to let go of this unique and beautiful moment that we had just shared with each other. But after another harsh knock I eventually got up from the couch with a soft whistful sigh.

- You will excuse me for a second.. I have not been expecting any more visitors at this time of night.

-

Patience is a virtue. Alas, not one that Theodore Renington could call his own. And the raging hatrwd that was burning in every cell of his body didn't exactly help to keep his composure calm. He took a purposeful step forward and maybe a bit roughly shoved Filch aside to knock on the door himself.. as if this would change anything or accelerate things.. before his knuckles, already white from the  tensed fist he had been clenching since they arrived here, could actually touch the dark brown wood, the door was opened.