Period Seventeen: Double Trouble

"Focus, Lloyd," Jay tries to get Lloyd to concentrate on making the light-bulb glow. "Control the power inside you. When you feel a surge welling up... harness it."

"I understand." Lloyd nods. "I am in control..."

"Come on, Lloyd, you can do it!"

The light bulb explodes. "Ah! Stupid light bulb! You're putting too much pressure on me! Let me have one more try!" 

"Sorry, La-Lloyd, that was the last light bulb," Andrew sighs.

"Clean up, Lloyd, we'll continue training tomorrow." Lloyd takes the broom from Cole and starts smacking a punching bag with it.

Jay sighs, "what am I doing wrong, Sensei Wu? I can't seem to teach him to control his power."

The broom flings off the punching bag and smacks Lloyd in the face, "you dare to defy the Green Ninja?!"

"That kid is embarrassment to my good looks, charming personality, and wonderful sense of humor. Emma, tell our dad to disown him." Andrew dramatically leans his back against Emma's shoulder while covering part of his face with one hand.

"I'll disown you." Emma shoves him away.

"Good luck with that," Andrew grins at her. 

"Patience, Jay," Uncle Wu tells Jay. "Sometimes the greatest opponent we face is ourselves, and that's especially true of Lloyd. Remember where he came from, he's the son of Lord Garmadon. It's going to take time for him to embrace the light."

Emma and Andrew blink at him. "Bitch, the fuck?"

"I embraced the light, didn't I?" Emma raises a brow.

"Cole is not the light," Andrew shakes his head before grinning when Emma glares at him.

"Hey, guys!" Nya enters the room.

"Hey, Nya!" They all say back.

"Hey, Jay, wanna come by the auto body shop later?" 

"Oooh," Andrew grins and Emma snorts.

"Uh, the auto body shop?" Jay raises a brow.

"Yeah, I got a part-time job. Thought I could fix the Ultra Sonic Radar in my off time. Maybe if you come over, I can show you what I've been working on."

"Ah, sure! What you got there?"

"Oh, um, this letter came for Lloyd." She hands it to Uncle Wu.

"Hm, it's from Lloyd's old school." Uncle Wu hums.

"The Darkly School for Bad Boys?" Cole raises a brow.

"Formerly bad boys. Since the last time we were there, they've changed to Darkly School for Great Children."

"Wait, they've turned good?" Kai asks.

"It says here there's going to be a ceremony."

"I love ceremonies!" Cole grins. "That means there's going to be cake!" 

"Lloyd's change inspired them. Now they've invited Lloyd to give him an honorary degree in excellence."

"Are we sure we're talking about the same Lloyd?" Kai looks at Lloyd who is currently failing to make the punching bag surrender.

Emma takes the letter out of Uncle Wu's hand. "Oh, there's another letter for Lloyd. From a... Lizzy Williams."

That gained Lloyd's attention cause he quickly rushed over to his big sister and snatched the letter away from her. Thus making the twins grin.