02. Mamma Mia

Sam was in bed breathing heavily next to Toni with lit candles in the background. "Wow."

"Isn't this much more pleasant, Sam?" Toni asked.

Sam was still breathing heavily. "I got to say, I did not see that happening."

Toni chuckled. "Well, you know what they say. Opposites attract."

Sam moved over Toni.

"Oh, we'll get there, Sam. Just another couple of questions," Toni told him.

Sam moved his head while looking down at Toni. "Hmm."

Sam and Toni were in bed relaxing and holding glasses of wine.

"Fascinating. But surely you exaggerate. American hunters can't be as bad as you say," Toni said.

"Yeah. Uh, yeah, they can. What, they're not in the U.K.?" Sam asked.

"No. No, they work for us. Tools. They kill. They don't think."

"Huh."

"Who recruited you and your brother? To whom do you report?"

Sam scoffed and sighed before taking the glasses and placing them on the nightstand.

"We, uh... We're not just gonna talk all night, right?" Sam questioned as he pulled the sheet up.

BUNKER

Dean was sitting, talking on his phone. "I haven't found anything on these surveillance cameras. I mean, it's like they just disappeared. How about you? Any of the local beat cops see anybody that shouldn't be there?"

Castiel was outside Aldrich, Missouri standing and leaning against the truck.

"It's pretty rural. Not a lot of beat cops. I've checked all the motels, abandoned buildings. No sign of Sam," Castiel replied.

"All right. I don't know. You know, maybe check... real-estate offices. See if anybody bought a place or rented a place. I mean, these people had a freakin' plane. Seems like they do things legit."

"Okay, I understand. I'll call you in the morning."

While talking, Dean rose and started pacing.

"Cas, hey. So, here's the thing. It's been kind of weird here with, you know, Mom being back. It's like we don't know how to act around each other, so we just kind of make this small talk and act normal, but it's – it's so not normal," Dean admitted.

"Um, I'm – I'm not sure. What – what has she said to you? That is to be expected."

"Well, nothing. That – that – that's the whole point."

"Okay, what have you said to her?"

"Well, nothing. I'm – I don't know what to say to her, you know? It – it's – it's like it's all just too much, and... I don't want to overwhelm her."

"Don't make things needlessly complicated, as you humans tend to do. I'll call you." Castiel hung up.

"Yeah. Great. That's helpful. Thanks."

Mary walked in, wearing one of the robes. "Any news on Sam?"

"Um, so somewhere outsi – here. Somewhere outside of Aldrich, Missouri. Cas is going through it with a fine-toothed comb, and I've cracked every database we could," Dean said, sitting down in front of his laptop to show Mary what he was doing.

"Every what?"

"Right. No Internet your first time around."

"Our house didn't have an electric typewriter. So... are you two really afraid of overwhelming me?"