"Are you okay?" he asks.

I let out an uneven breath, nodding. "I think so. You're helping."

"Are you sure? Because I can tell them we need to finish another day if this is too much, babe."

I shake my head. "No, no. I don't want to do that. I'd rather just get it done today and that be it."

"Okay, if you need to stop, tell me."

I nod. "Okay, I will."

"Joe? Addison?"

Joe peeks out from behind the wall, giving the woman a grin. "We're right here, can you give us just a moment? We'll be out and ready after finishing our conversation."

"Of course," she replies, seeming a little nervous.

He whispers a quick, 'thank you' before turning back to me. "You're one hundred percent sure?"

I grab his hand, holding it gently. "Yes, I am one hundred percent sure."

He nods. "Okay, let's go."

We make our way to the area set up for the interview, sitting next to each other comfortably.

The noticeable amount of effort by everyone to make me feel comfortable doesn't go unnoticed. From the constant questions asking if I need anything, to the offered snacks and drinks, to the comfortable chairs I'm sure aren't there for all interviews, I'm overwhelmed by the welcoming behavior.

As we sit, Joe turns to me yet again, licking his lips.

"You're sure you're ready?"

I nod. "I'm okay, Joe, I promise."

"Okay, so before we get started is there anything that is off limits?" the interviewer asks, a moment after introducing herself.

Joe glances at me before answering, knowing a few things. "Kids, starting a family, it's too early for any of those conversations, especially with her first interview. Keep her family to a minimum, it's complicated to explain and ultimately to understand."

She nods. "Okay, not a problem."

I rub my palms together, their sweat creating a clammy feel. My stomach flips over and over again, and my breath gets stuck in my throat. How do I do this?

After choking through the introduction, we're asked how we met, Joe thankfully answers the question, keeping it simple by explaining that I was his waitress at a diner he regularly went to.

"Was it kind of a love at first sight thing?" the interviewer asks, laughing lightly to keep the mood light.

"I wouldn't necessarily say so," Joe says, the two of us looking at one another.

I shake my head. "No, um, definitely not. I honestly had no idea who he was, which to this day a lot of people have a hard time believing." A nervous laugh escapes. "But I was more focused on getting through my shift and leaving."

"So, it's safe to say, Joe, you were the first one interested."

He nods immediately, making a face. "Oh yeah, one hundred percent. She definitely gave me a hard time."

"Okay, so you guys are married now, can I ask how long you two have actually been together?"

Joe blinks a few times.

"I make that one difficult," I laugh lightly. "We broke up for some time. I was raised in a place of going through a lot of emotional experiences alone. So, when I was going through something I pushed him away rather than pulling him closer and ultimately it ended our relationship. But we um, obviously made our way back to one another, and now here we are, thankfully."

"I think the best way to describe how quickly everything happened was just to simply say that my family was quite surprised and not immediately on board when we had told them we were engaged. It didn't take long for us to get engaged after getting back together."

"Was it a quick engagement too?"

"Not so much," Joe shakes his head. "I mean, I think still quicker than some people might've liked. But for us it was perfect, and we still took time to work on our relationship before getting married and figure out what didn't work the first time we were together and made sure we knew how to take care of each other and ourselves now."

I nod. "Yeah, I think we knew after being apart that it was something neither of us ever wanted to go through again. Going through life without one another. So, for everyone else, it may have looked like we were rushing into things but for us, I think it was more just us showing each other the commitment that we have to one another and to our relationship. It was more, of a 'I know I don't want to do life without you so let's officially do it together'."

"I love that. I love that. So, Addison, we know what Joe does, what do you do? Are you still working in that little diner?" she asks, laughing lightly.

I grin, shaking my head. "No, no. I left the diner a while back, but I am currently trying to get back into school. I want to go through college, get a degree, and begin an actual career."

"Fun! Do we know what we're going for?"

"I'm leaning towards writing, but I'm not quite sure it's what I want to do. My mind isn't made up yet."

"Nice, nice. So, if you don't mind, I know that everyone just wants to know all about the new Mrs. Jonas. The girl that came out of nowhere, stole the heart of Joe and made him unavailable to women everywhere."

I laugh a little, nodding.

"I think what people find so interesting is that you were, a fan, but we now know that you weren't even that. You had no idea who Joe was."

I nod. "Yeah."

"So, if you don't mind, what was life like before Joe?"

"Um, complicated." I laugh.

"I was living in Texas, knowing the life I wanted to live but not having the guts to go out and live it and then one day I got tired of waiting and went for it and ended up meeting Joe. I lived a very sheltered childhood. We were always very busy and moving and I never really got a chance to explore music and pop culture so to speak, so learning about Joe, DNCE, and the Jonas Brothers was a little eye-opener to me. I had never realized just how out of touch with the world, basically, I had been until I learned more about Joe and the entirety of his music career."

"Now, you mentioned the Jonas Brothers, which brings me to, Joe, how did the brothers react to you dating a, so to speak, normal girl? Someone out of the spotlight."

Joe shrugs. "You know they were a little suspicious at first, I think. Kevin was on board immediately. Kevin was the first to meet her and he and Dani welcomed her with open arms. I waited a bit longer to introduce her to anyone else just because of her complicated childhood and how our family kind of rolls, I didn't want to overwhelm her. But, when Nick met her, he warmed up to her very quickly. My parents love her, and Frankie loves her. I mean, it's hard not to."

I roll my eyes. "Stop."

He laughs, rubbing my thigh softly.

Once the interview is over, we are thanked time and time again before we quickly make our way to the car and home, the drive is spent in silence. By the time we get home, we walk through the door, I kick my shoes off and plop onto the couch.

"You were incredible," Joe says, giving me a grin.

"How do you do that all the time? I'm exhausted."

He laughs, walks over to the couch, leans down, and kisses me. "Take a nap. I'm gonna go work out anyway."

"Amen." I reply, grabbing a blanket out of the basket next to the couch and curling up.

I quickly fall asleep, the stress and anxiety from the interview finally floating away.