Stage 50: A New Quest

Lixin was taken off guard when a transparent screen suddenly appeared before him. Thinking he had somehow activated another quest, he read the notification displayed on it, only to be surprised by its contents.

He was correct; he got another storyline quest and something else that he wasn't expecting.

During his research for the game, he learned that even though secondary storylines were not all that rare, many players still tried to trigger them. The allure lies in the promise of unique rewards from quests.

Moreover, these secondary storylines offered a gateway to uncharted territories and hidden dungeons, tempting players with the prospect of unearthing secret treasures. However, there was a catch. Secondary storylines were intrinsically tied to life skills, such as cooking, tailoring, potion making, etc. Advancement in the storyline necessitated leveling up these specific skills.

One crucial aspect to note was that these secondary storylines coincided with the main narrative. Players couldn't afford to postpone them, lest they face an impediment in their primary quest progression. It was imperative to strike a delicate balance between the two storylines to ensure a smooth and uninterrupted gameplay experience.

Knowing this Lixin couldn't help but wonder if he could handle both his main storyline and this optional one simultaneously. However after rereading the title, he decided to accept the quest. The words 'Emissary of Profound Flavor' suggested a narrative involving food themes which really appealed to him.

He planned to start leveling up his cooking skills once he left the beginner town. However, having a questline to help him become a premier chef would be an enormous help to him. In addition, it would help him get closer to his revenge goal against his stepsister and stepmother more quickly.

He knew from his previous life that in one month PLight would announce a cooking competition, surprising the restaurants the company partnered with. The brand ambassadors of the restaurants would have to compete against the regular players to see whose food becomes the most popular.

Initially, the restaurants were skeptical about the competition, viewing it as a potential waste of time, since they had only partnered with the company to showcase their culinary creations. However that changed when PLight announced that Chaeuneun, the renowned food chain, would be involved.

As an enticing reward for the victor, the CEO of Chaeuneun presented an opportunity to showcase the winning restaurants' dishes for an entire year. While it may not appear overly significant at first glance, the offer held immense value considering Chaeuneun's distinguished reputation for serving the highest quality cuisine. Thus, this proposition proved to be a monumental and highly coveted opportunity for most participating restaurants.

In his last life it was only thanks to his stolen recipes that the Silverback Restaurant that his stepmother invested in emerged victorious. It was that promotion that contributed to their success in becoming the next big thing.

He became aware of this information through an unplanned turn of events. During his time trapped in that house, he happened to overhear a conversation between his stepmother and stepsister, which brought to light this previously unknown piece of knowledge.

Lixin heard them express disappointment over narrowly missing out on victory. She disclosed that the CEO placed significant importance on the dishes' taste. It appeared that their dishes' flavors fell short of meeting his specific expectations.

Knowing how Solar despised the fact that her success came from his recipes, she might have tried to prove herself by using her own skill on some dishes. The CEO must have noticed the lack of consistency. Without the other dishes' popularity among the players and Plight's intervention and support, their chances of winning would have been slim.