Stage 41: Quick Battle

After seeing him handle that disgusting spider creature, Berry Fairy knew how effective Lixin's tea-based attacks were. However, she also saw his damage output. Considering how long it took him to kill that insect she knew his level should be low.

So she couldn't help but wonder how they would turn the tables on those creatures. Did he have some special tea-related skill or something?

Lixin noticed her apprehension and decided to quell it by showing her what he meant. After all, seeing is believing.

Shifting the corpse he held in his arms he concentrated on the Dextrim skill Panax before sticking out his hand and whispering, "Steep!"

A shiny, green cup materialized in his hand, adorned with red flowers wrapping around its base. He was surprised to see that instead of tags appearing above their heads, there was a holographic image of a ginseng plant.

"Serve!" he commanded, knowing it wasn't the time to get distracted by the differences between the two different tea styles.

The teacup lifted into the air and then shattered explosively, splitting into two streams of green liquid. These streams spiraled up their bodies like tendrils before vanishing into their foreheads. A small, glowing ginseng-shaped mark was the only thing that remained afterward.

Berry Fairy's eyes widened, and she turned to Lixin in amazement. "What did you do?"

"I gave you a buff," he explained simply. "It raises your stats by 5 for 30 minutes."

"That's incredible!"

Lixin smiled and raised his arm again, focusing on another Dextrim skill called Ocimum. This time the teacup was a vibrant shade of blue with violet petals twisting along its surface. When it shattered into misty droplets, they left behind a delicate basil leaf shape etched onto their necks.

"And what about that one?" Berry Fairy, still in awe of the previous buff, inquired.

"It increases our defense by 5%," Lixin said.

"You not only have strange tea combat skills, but also amazing supportive ones. You have to tell me what kind of Persona you have once we get out of these tunnels."

"Sure thing, but we need to get out of here first," Lixin responded.

Peeking around the rock, Berry Fairy smiled, "Don't worry, we'll get out of here. The auras around the monsters are no longer yellow to me. They are now green."

Lixin was surprised to hear that. He decided to check the creatures himself and saw that their previously red auras had turned yellow for him. Who knew five extra stats could make such a huge difference?

He had thought that his Dextrim skills would only give them a fighting chance but he was happy to see that it gave them more than that. "Their aura color lowered for me too."

"That's great, it looks like we can handle this quest after all!" Berry Fairy declared, the confidence in her voice making Lixin smile.

~

"Do you get it?" Lixin asked after explaining their strategy.

"Yup," Berry Fairy responded excitedly. "I'll rush them, drawing their attention to me. Once they fixated on me you will come out and bind them using that vine skill you used on the spider snail."

Lixin smiled and nodded. "Good. Now let's do this."

"Leave it to me. Those Glabers won't know what hit them once I'm through with them," Berry Fairy smiled, her eyes gleaming with determination as a wave of energy flowed through her hands and two giant metal spiked knuckles appeared over her paws.