Stage 49: Revelations

Berry Fairy glanced up at the night sky, illuminated by a three-quarter moon. She turned to Lixin and asked, "So should we find a place where you can read your book? It's too dark to read it out here."

She was right, obviously. Even with the presence of the moon, the weak light would make reading an arduous task for him. Lixin contemplated returning to the library. However as soon as that thought crossed his mind he got rid of it.

He did not want to disturb Mrs. Mayflower. He knew she was likely still emotional after receiving her daughter's body. Their presence while she was in that state would be bothersome. So after discarding that idea, he scanned his surroundings for a suitable place.

While he was doing so, he spotted a bench in the distance with a street light beside it. After traversing around town, he knew the streetlight would be bright enough for him to see the pages. He motioned towards it with his finger and said, "How about we go there?".

Berry Fairy squinted at the faraway spot before nodding."Yeah, it looks like an excellent place."

Before they knew it, they had arrived at their chosen spot and settled down on the bench. As Lixin was about to dive into his book, he noticed Berry Fairy pulling out a loaf of bread.

"Are you feeling hungry?" he asked curiously.

"Yup," she replied, taking a bite of the bread. "When I reached level 10, my beastman race traits kicked in. It seems like beastmen get hungry 20% faster than other races. It's such a drag."

Lixin vaguely recalled reading about this on the game forums. However, he hadn't delved into it much, choosing to wait and see what Persona he got first. But, at least it wasn't as troublesome as his own.

"That's unfortunate, but at least it's manageable. Unlike mine. My character is vulnerable to heat. I have to constantly monitor my temperature," he explained.

"You're right, that sounds way worse than mine. If I had that weakness, I'd be in big trouble," Berry Fairy remarked, taking the final bite of her bread.

Chuckling, Lixin nodded in agreement. "You're probably right."

"Shush," the Panda girl playfully hushed him, producing another loaf of bread. "Focus on your book now."

A smile played on Lixin's face as he obediently followed Berry Fairy's instructions. He opened the book, his anticipation growing, and flipped to the table of contents.

Scanning the list of chapters, his eyes landed on the one he had been seeking. With a surge of excitement, he swiftly turned the pages, his gaze eagerly darting across the text until he finally stumbled upon the chapter dedicated to the Diis Aliis.

Unlike the Huánghé Realm and the Kakodaimōns there was no picture but there was a lot more information. Curiosity overtook him as he read.

In the Huánghé Realm there was a fascinating pantheon of gods known as the Diis Aliis. These deities were revered by the beings that inhabited the realm named Cyprinus, a remarkable race of koi hybrids.

Through the act of offering delectable treats, the Cyprinus were able to establish a sacred connection with these divine beings and seek their protection and blessings. That was until they disappeared, leaving the Cyprinus to fend for themselves, but the tradition of presenting treats to the gods endured. To this day, the Cyprinus continue to offer treats in honor of their gods, in the hope that one day they will return.

There were three gods:

Valdrek:

Valdrek, known as the Strength/Courage God, embodies unwavering strength, bravery, and resilience. Valdrek devotees present hearty meals and nourishing dishes as offerings, symbolizing vitality and vigor. By accepting these food offerings, Valdrek grants the Dragon King, the revered leader of the Cyprinus race, extraordinary powers to protect and safeguard their community.