chapter 13 Dhampir?

Taehyung's pov:

When I slip beneath my sheets, there's no alcohol or medication putting me to sleep. So I toss and turn, my mind a jumble of questions.

I returned all of the things I thought I lost to their rightful places. But the things from L
JUNGKOOK remain untouched on my desk. I'm almost proud of them.

No, proud isn't the right word. Comfort isn't strong enough either. Cherished? Wanted? Seeing every single thing laid out like that says something stronger and more meaningful than any of his letters. It's like he's telling me that he's here for me, as he always has been.

The question remains: why me?

What did I do to garner his attention?

What is it about me that has made him obsessed?

I do nothing but mope around my apartment, go to work, unload some of my problems on Dr. Min, repeat the dull cycle.

I need to talk to JUNGKOOK. I deserve answers. If only he would stop hiding, it's not like I haven't figured out he purposely disappeared. He obviously wants me and thought that Hyung-sik was in the way.

Eventually, I fall asleep. Just like the last time, I wake up somewhere other than my bedroom. This time I don't ignore the nagging feeling in the back of my head that tells me this isn't just a dream, but something else entirely. Something more, something real.

The velvet blankets tangle around my legs as I move to sit. Like the last dream, the void above me is swirling with shadows, each flicker is another soul being sucked into the void.

Candles are lined around the room, creating a circle with the bed in the middle. I only just realized that the circle is almost as large as my bedroom.

Jungkook dressed me in something just as revealing as last time. Or maybe I dressed myself in it. I pull myself off the bed and wrap the red velvet blanket around me to try and hide as much of me as I can. The black carpet is plush beneath my feet, and I can't help but wiggle my toes before inspecting the room. It's like he's keeping parts of me I thought I lost.

The four walls around me are painted black, hidden behind grand bookcases filled to the brim with an assortment of items: books, ornaments from all around the world, vases, and more things that I thought I had lost.

There's a picture of me beaming in front of the Trevi fountain when Yuri and I backpacked through Europe for two months.

A poorly made paper plane and crane with my messages on it.

The bunny hair clip that I got when I was a little boy.

A mug that I made with Jimin on a Wine and Pottery night.

My sunglasses.

A little Tigger that used to live on my bed and I slept with it every night.

A fireplace simmers calmly between two bookcases, right in front of a chaise flanked by a single-seater wingback couch. There's something about this room that is familiar, I just can't put my finger on why.

My body is so attuned to Jungkooks physical presence that I know exactly when he materializes behind me.

JUNGKOOK : "You look good in my space."

The rumble of his voice casts silken shivers through my body.

(Imagine his face is hidden)

I spin around and become caught in his trap. He's wearing the same sleeveless cloak that shows off the mouthwatering curve of his muscles. I didn't get the chance to run my fingers over the ridges the last time. Would he shudder under my touch? Would the marks on his skin recoil from me? Would I be able to feel them?