chapter 11 -A crescent moon

Taehyung pov:

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

This is all my fault. Everything that's happened. He's dead. Hyung-sik's dead.

I don't hear Jin Hyung thundering through the hallway before the door flings open, slamming against the wall.

Jin: "What? What happened? Are you okay Tae?"

His frantic eyes are wide, searching the room for an intruder, but he won't find one.

I shove the paper in my pocket before he sees it.

"Hyung-sik," I sob. I can't get the words to come out of my mouth. If I don't say it, it won't be true. Any second now Hyung-sik is going to jump up and say that it was just a practical joke. He won't, though. "He's "I choke on the words.

Jin gets what I'm trying to say and lunges straight for Hyung-sik's body.He immediately pushes his finger against Hyung-sik's throat to check for a pulse. He doesn't need to check. I should tell him. Hyung-sik is dead. I know that he's dead.

JUNGKOOK killed him.

I can't do anything but watch. I'm stuck. I can't move. Not even shed tear. All I can do is stare with my breath caught in my throat, burning, aching. I want to scream again-it felt so good to scream.

"Fuck!" Jin Hyung yells. He yanks the blankets off and pushes his ear against Hyung-sik's still chest.

"I-I can't-" He shakes Hyung-sik's body before moving his head to Hyung-sik's lips.

Jin: "I can't hear anything. He's not fucking breathing."

He's not breathing, and it's my fault. I should have figured out how to get rid of JUNGKOOK.

I should have turned down his advances. I shouldn't have engaged with him in that stupid dream. I should have left Hyung-sik earlier, so he'd still be alive. I should have. I should have. I should have!

"Fuck." Jin hyung pushes off the bed and paces, running his hands through his bronze locks and down his face.

Jin:  "Fuck. Fucking hell. How-How did this -What-"

Jin can't even finish his sentence. He's acting and feeling enough for the both of us.

I'm waiting for my eyes to start stinging or to start gasping for breath. But all I can do is stare. Slowly, the black tendrils in my mind reach for me, pulling me back into the spot where there is no hurt, there is no pain, there is just darkness. In here, I can't hear jin yelling at me and cursing or screaming that we need to call an ambulance. I don't even see him start CPR.

Hyung-sik was an asshole, but he didn't deserve to die. Before the accident, he was perfect, the man of my dreams. Hyung-sik was the type of man you'd read about in books, where you'd go home to find the shirt you've been eying up in a bag on the bed. He used to say all of the right things, shower me with affection, he'd try to spend every waking moment touching me. Not sexually, just to remind each other that we are there for one another.

I had planned our wedding: A three-tiered buttercream cake with violet orchid designs.

I'll never have the wedding I wanted. Not because Hyung-sik's dead now, but because I am. The only difference between the two of us is that I'm still breathing.

The only thing that I have to look forward to in my day are letters from my stalker and the flowers he leaves me.

The accident ruined everything. I lost my only remaining family, the job of my dreams and my boyfriend, all in one night.