chapter 4 sad flower

Taehyung pov:

The house sits empty when I arrive home. Just as it always is. My shift finished without any hiccups, but my feet ache and my stomach hasn't stopped groaning from not having eaten anything in twenty-four hours.

I throw a pizza in the microwave and eat in silence, staring at the charcoal smear above the stove.

The lack of sleep from last night is getting to me. My body drags me down as I go about my night routine and stand in front of my prescription drawer.

When I dream, I know that I dream of him. I don't remember what happens in the dream, so I can't know for sure. But I'm certain that it's him. The only dreams that I remember are of the night of the accident.

I couldn't hear his black boots crunch the leaves as he walked toward me, Yuri's car blazing behind him with her in it. I couldn't hear any of it. The doctors told me that I flew out of the window upon collision, landing in the dirt with glass sticking out of my body and my neck turned to the side. The faulty seatbelt was the only thing that had stopped me from burning alive.

I couldn't move to look at him as he kneeled next to me and trailed a finger down my bloody cheek and whispered, : " Not yet my moonflower. "

Dr. Min's pills track down my throat and I drag my feet to my room. I check that the nanny cam has enough battery and the windows are locked before falling into bed and letting the medication-induced sleep take me under.

"So sweet. So beautiful. My precious little flower."

His voice comes from behind me.

I gasp and spin around. For once, he's there. In a cloak standing in the middle of a beach before a storm. The waves roar as they crash against the shore, deep blue beneath the slate gray sky.

The wind wraps around my bare arms, whipping the white dress around my legs. But I don't feel cold. I don't feel nature's bite at all. When I look down, I finally notice his symbol drawn in the sand, with me standing at the edge of it.

At once, the sounds disappear even though the waves become ravenous and lightning splits the sky. The distance between us closes until he's a matter of steps away.

This is a dream, but it feels so real at the same time. Have I been here before? Why does this place look so familiar?

The Faceless Man reaches out and trails a pale finger down my cheek just as he did the night of the accident.

The touch is so warm and tender, and I want so badly to tear that hood from off his head to see what he looks like. I want to see all of him. I've already seen the way his clothes strain to contain the muscles hidden beneath the dark layers. I deserve so much more.

His fingers move down to the back of my neck and he pulls me closer to him. Still, I see what is hidden beneath the shadows of his hood. I should pull away from him, tell him to go to hell for hunting me like I'm prey.

"You are a vision of pure beauty, Taehyungie. "

No one calls me that; both Taehyungie and 'pure beauty'. The shock of the words doesn't stop the shiver from running down my spine. I like my name on his lips if he even has them.

"What's your name?" I say.

His other hand comes up to trace the curve of my lips.

"What would you like to call me? "

"You're the Faceless Man."

His laugh rumbles like the sea, and I almost inch closer just to drink in more of the sound. Maybe even lay my head against his chest to feel its vibrations.