23 - ○ Repenting lilac ○

Start from the beginning

Arjun stood up and saw his Meera. Her was covered with many scratches, her skin dulled into pale and her enchanting smile that was swept away.

He held her hands, drops of tears escaped from his eyes and formed small puddles on her skin. He caressed it and held her hand against his cheek and said,
"I'm sorry darling. I'm sorry Meera. I'm sorry Ammu. I'm sorry.. sorry...sorry"

His cries were unanswered by the other person who lays deep in silence, in her coma. Undecisive about entering the new world of death or to go back into her old world, her soul was wandering in need of solace, comfort and warmth.

Arjun left the ward with infinite thoughts running in his mind. He walked out from the hospital while all others were calling him from beside. He didn't care to answer all their calls, he got inside his car and drove from there.

                             ♤♤♤

Weeks passed and Meera has miraculously woken up from her deep coma. All her family members and friends were happy. Even some of her students visited her at the hospital. But there was this one person whom she was anticipating but he never met or contacted her.

Meera was laying on her bed with Laya's days old baby in her hands.

"She has got your nose and eyes. Her hair is like Fawad's", Meera continued.

"Hi baby, I'm your aunt. Yeah, the one who talked to you before months, remember me?"

"How are you feeling Meera?", asked Laya.

"Good"

"The police has found that the accident was due to drunk and drive of someone", Laya got her baby from Meera.

"I know", she replied.

"You really think that it was an accident due to drunk and drive?", the latter asked.

"I know the real reason. I don't want to talk about him. Please"

"Did he come visit you?", asked Laya.

"No"

"Do you still love him?", Laya's question left Meera in confusion for a moment. Does she love him? She didn't know how to answer that.

They say silence speaks volumes, likewise her tranquility spoke what she didn't want to express.

                             ◇◇◇

After a week, Meera returned home. The feeling of returning to her room after a long period of staying in aseptic and phenol smelling halls made her feel alive.

She laid down on her bed. Memories of Arjun flashed in her mind. His love, his affection, his touch, his anger, his cries and his betrayal.

She opened her cupboard to change her clothes. While she was searching from her rack of clothes, she found a letter hidden in between.

She slowly opened the letter to reveal Arjun's name written on it. It read-

Dear Meera,

                    Before I leave, I just want to confess some things to you Meera.

Do you know how many times I've fallen in love with you?
2937 times since the day I met you.

Memories of our relationship is flashing in my mind when I'm writing this to you. From the day we met, our first kiss, our first night together, our first fight to the night which ruined all our happiness.

Am all ashamed of my own existence at this moment of my life for inflicting greater pains to the person who saved my life, to the woman who loved me heartily, to the one who trusted me.

All I could ask is your forgiveness for the sins I've committed at the price of my life.

I've nothing to give except my love for you. The days I've spent with you was my happiest days in my life and I will last it forever.

I've come to realize that I was just pretending to concentrate on your happiness while I was just selfish trying to keep you all locked up for me. In the due process, I lost my sanity, I destroyed your purity and forgot about your feelings.

I deeply apologize for all the sufferings I've caused to you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry sorry Meera. I know asking innumerable sorries will not replace what I did.

God, I could never forget that sweet little smile of yours when you badly hide your shyness, your honey orbs, your coral lips, your luscious coal hair with the smell of wild jasmine and your ability to make the me blush without even doing anything.

You cry when you are angry and sad. Do you think that would make you any weaker?

You are golden Meera. You don't need to be perfect. Your flaws decorate you more than ever.

I don't deserve your feelings Meera. But I can't resist from confessing my love for you.

I sincerely, insanely, completely, passionately, hopelessly and desperately in love with you.

Live well Meera, laugh well, be happy
because you deserve that.

Don't think about me, don't cry when you are reading this because I don't deserve your pure soul.

I'll be always beside you, smiling at you, encouraging you, taking pride at your achievements, watching you have kids and form a family.

Atleast, if I get a chance to replay my life, I would gladly choose my memory of yours.

I wouldn't say that my love is the best but that was my fullest which I could ever give to anyone.

You are the best thing that has ever happened to me! What else could I ask for in my next life other than you, my love! My ammu, my Meera!

Do remember this date, 27th October 2023

Thank you so much for everything

At last, goodbye for now
With endless love,
Aju

.
.
.
.
Heyy guys, hope you liked this chapter. Pls do vote and comment your thoughts so that I can improve my writing if there are any flaws.
Good day.

What do you think about Arjun's decision?
How will Meera act for this? Any guesses?
-dazzlerxshasha