4- ○ Emerald sunrise ○

"What is stronger
then a human heart
Which shatters over and over
And still lives"
~ Rupi Kaur

Author pov:

The refreshing morning, once serene, was filled with the noise of racing bikes and cars that set into the university. Soon the faint sounds of paper turning, scribbling and chattering of young minds occupied the atmosphere. It was at this moment, that Meera entered the campus wearing a lavender-tinted saree. Her perfectly combed jet black hair was neatly clasped using a tuck clutcher.

She walked towards the staff room still not recovered from the last meeting with her arranged date. She probably liked the way he smiles. A quick genesis of crimson red was seen on her cheeks, the blossom of a pink peony. She was welcomed by Anu who was still on the phone with her husband.

They marked their sixth anniversary with their eleven-month-old baby just a few weeks back but would still behave like newlyweds. Dilip, Anu's husband would never forget to surprise her by sending flower bouquets occasionally and sending her off to college with a little kiss on her forehead when she gets off her car.

Deep down in her heart, Meera has yearned for a relationship like this but has never tried to find the correct person. On one hand, she often remembers her parent's marriage and would think over living a marriage-less life or turning into a nun.

On the other hand, watching Anu and Dilip's relationship would often make her go jealous and her mind sky rockets the expectations of her future husband.
Severely caught between two sides and struck in a dilemma, Meera noticed the latter ending their call.

Meera pov:

"Even Romeo and Juliet would be grudging against you, Anu", I said jokingly and let out a chuckle.

"It's not Romeo and Juliet, but a tiny mosquito that is standing beside me", replied Anu with a foxy smile and asked, " What about your Romeo? How was the date yesterday?" 

"It was kinda ok but I like the way he talks. He's nice", I gave an abrupt answer with a tint of blush which I was trying hard to cover up.

"Ohhhh, nice it seems. Then, when will you invite me to your marriage?", asked Anu ironically.

"First of all, it's just a date and second of all, I'm not sure about my liking towards him. But, chemistry professor, you should be the one to give tips on dating tho", I friskily said.

That was the moment, we both heard the ringing of bell and later we hurried off to our respective classes.

Author pov:

Powerful and cold waves of aura blaze from Arjun as he entered the university with a girl in her teenage. With hazel curly locks and peachy lips which formed a pout made her look adorable. Her crop top and baggy jeans perfectly matched the shade with Arjun's mustard turtleneck t shirt.

" It's not even a PTA meeting, what is your reason for your sudden visit?", asked the 18 yr old

"I just want to ask about your behavior to your professor, not more", claimed Arjun.
The latter abruptly became a little nervous and let out a childish chuckle by saying, "Ohh, but it seems like the wrong time. We can meet them after a week and you have so much work to do. So, let's get going".

"No Selena, we're going to meet them and it's fixed. I'm your brother and you can't fool me away just like the way you did with your mom", said Arjun and walked along a corridor with Selena.

After a few minutes of searching, Arjun was almost tired. Not because of seeking Selena's professor but Meera.
He adviced Selena's mother to make her daughter join in this university for it's high quality teaching , reputation infrastructure but also for Meera who is working at the same place.

And just in a fraction of seconds, he heard her velvety voice from a nearby classroom. He slightly peeped in and saw Meera who is pretty involved in lecturing.

The coal eyes, raven colored locks and the coral lips uttering many inaudible words took him into a world of mesmerisation. Arjun let out a sheepish smile while thinking about his first meet with Meera that happened years ago. She might have forgot him but she has captured his heart and mind since then.

During this time, Selena stood there bewildered while watching her brother behaving like a small kid and smiling like a maniac.

"What the f*ck, what happened to him?", she muttered.

"Bro, what are you doing?", she wisper-yelled which brought Arjun out of his dream world.
He cleared his throat and asked his cousin, "Is she taking classes for you?".

"Bro, she is a physics professor and I'm studying commerce. But I've talked with her for a couple of times.Duh", said Selena a bit annoyed.

"OK ok, I know everything. Come with me, we'll meet her after this class", said Arjun.
"Bro, are you for real. She doesn't even take classes for me", said the latter with a surprised reaction.

"A good professor would know the behavior of all the students around her. It's not necessary for you to be her student", claimed Arjun practically dragging Selena.

Arjun pov:

"Now, it's time for me to seize this opportunity. Let's begin a new chapter connecting with our past, Meera. I've come for you and I'll never go back without you", I thought with a sinister smile replacing the sheepish one.

Heyy guys, hope you liked this chapter. Pls do vote and comment your thoughts so that I can improve my writing if there are any flaws.
Good day.
-dazzlerxshasha