CHAPTER THREE

TRIGGERED
Dan is seen sitting alone in Emeka's car. He keeps a straight face and his phone rings. He looked at who the caller was and answered the call after he had seen that it was his brother.

"Dan sorry say I no pick your call, I been dey busy." Sam apologizes.

"I've been calling you for over an hour now, and you didn't pick up!" Dan said with a weak tone.

"Why? Shey, I don tell you say I busy!" Sam replied to Dan's words.

"Okay please Sam, come outside the compound, you'll see Emeka's car, there's something I want to tell you," Dan said to Sam muttering.

"Is everything alright? Why should I..." Sam asked and got interrupted by Dan.

"...please, Sam please, it's really important." Dan pleaded.

"Okay fine, give me twenty minutes, I'll be there."

"But..." Dan tried to speak but the call ended.

A young woman in her early 20s is seen in a dark room, standing at the room entrance. She saw Sam tied up in a chair, struggling to be set free. While Dan held a knife walking slowly to Sam. The young woman tried moving but it was impossible. She began to cry telling Dan to stop. Tears drop through Dan's cheeks as he begins to stab Sam multiple times on his neck. The lady's eyes turned white and she screamed "SAM!".

The lady who is called Rebecca, woke up from her sleep and she screamed SAM, frightened. When she discovered that it was all a dream, she took her phone beside her pillow and dialed Sam's number, but it was unreachable.

Sam came out of the compound and walked straight to Emeka's car. He entered the car and closed the door.

"Dan Watsup, where are we going?" Sam asked.

"Tithing your seatbelt, we're going somewhere." Dan started the car's engine and looked at Sam, who sat comfortably. Sam looked at him and smiled. He sighed and drove off.

A few minutes after the brothers had left, Rebecca drove to their compound. She immediately came down from her car and ran to the brothers apartment. She knocked continuously but there was no answer.

A middle-aged woman came out of her apartment, holding a bucket. "My pikin, why are disturbing the peace of this compound, ehn. Can't you see the boys are not around!"

"Good morning ma! Please do you by any chance know the direction they went?"

"Why? You be police?"

"No ma, I'm a friend. A friend of theirs."

"Okay, I think say you be police!" The woman said in pidgin.

"Them follow that Mallam side and them even use car." The woman said.

"Thank you ma! Thank you very much!" She thanked the woman and zoomed out of the compound, she entered her car and drove off.

Policemen saw Emeka's car approaching and stopped it. One of the policemen went to the left side of the car where Dan was sitting.

"Chairman," Dan said to the policeman.

The policeman looked at Sam and then an unseen substance entered into the policeman's eyes. The policeman told his fellow officers to let them go, and they drove past the policemen.

Rebecca is seen in her car, heading in the same direction as the brothers, with the help of the laptop she was using to track Sam's phone. She was riding at high speed when the car's radio began to say "A brother stabbed his blood brother in a hotel located in saint divine avenue, and has been arrested by the police. The broth..." She switched off the radio and looked at her laptop still driving.