Eleven | Cinnamon Rolls

Sebastian

I wasn't planning to wake up until another three hours from now. I only woke up to check my phone, turning back around to go back to sleep.

Except now I was wide awake.

The reason was because of the half naked girl laying beside me in a bed that wasn't even mine.

This was why I didn't allow myself to party, let alone drink in a place that wasn't the comfort of my own home or my friend's home. I couldn't say this had ever happened. This was definitely a first.

The girl took in a deep breath before shifting in her sleep and turning to face me. As soon as I saw the face of the girl I couldn't avoid, not in person or in my thoughts, I lifted the sheets and sighed when my pants were still on. Last thing I needed was to have... those thoughts about her. Or more like memories about her if anything had happened.

Once I confirmed nothing actually happened, I looked over at her again and noticed she didn't bother to take her makeup off last night. One of her lashes was already halfway off, so I reached over and gently plucked it the rest of the way off. Her face twitched a bit, and she moaned in her sleep as one hand reached up to rub her face lazily, remaining there as she went limp again.

Sighing, I sat up on the bed and rubbed my face with both hands. I really had to figure out where I was.

With a grunt, I straightened my legs to get off the bed, bending down to pick my shirt off the floor. I put it back on before opening the door, in case wherever I was had other people other than her and I.

As soon as I stepped out of the door, I immediately recognized the interior of the house. All I was wondering now, is how did we get here and where the hell was Nathan?

My legs carried me over to Nathan's room and I knocked, loud enough to wake him up if he was inside but not too loud to wake up anyone else in the house.

Nathan mumbled something from inside and I turned the knob to see it was unlocked. When it turned without trouble, I pushed the door open and saw Nathan laying on his stomach, straddling one of his pillows.

Still half asleep, he looked up at me and lifted his hand an inch from his bed. A weak attempt at waving at me.

I had planned to ask him how we ended up here if we were all drunk, but knew I'd get no answer since he was basically still asleep. Especially because with just one second I looked away from him and back, he had closed his eyes again.

I decided to let him sleep, taking one of the blankets he kicked off his bed from the floor. Hugging it to my chest, I carefully closed his door again and walked down the stairs, getting comfortable on one of the couches to catch up on my own sleep.

• • •

Waking up to the smell of cinnamon was something I never expected would ever happen to me again. It felt like I was ten again, running out of my room and following the scent of cinnamon all the way to the kitchen, where my mom was waiting with freshly baked cinnamon rolls.

There were other smells mixed in with the cinnamon, but that was all the child in me wanted to notice and follow.

Just as I stood up from the couch, I saw Ryan climbing down the stairs. I gave him a confused look and all he did was nod at me before yawning, lifting his shirt to scratch his lower stomach. Then, he let his nose guide him towards the kitchen, as did I.

Nathan was already seated on one of the stools by the kitchen island, too busy on his phone to notice Ryan and I walking up to him. He only looked up when we each pulled out and sat on the stools on either side of him.