Six | Lifetime Sentence

Aleah

I needed to avoid that man. For the simple fact that he already knew too much about me thanks to Britney. And because of the way he looked at me when he saw right through me trying to look like I was okay for Brit's sake.

Not that it worked anyway. Little girl saw right through me.

I understood he was one of her favorite people, but she couldn't have picked her brother to write the letter for her? I trusted him more than the stranger. Just because he was hot and because he was a decent human being didn't mean I trusted him.

But Britney did. If a child could trust someone, then I guess they were somewhat trustworthy.

Then again children trusted too easily.

Yeah, no. I was avoiding that man. As I had planned.

"You look like you're holding in a fart," Dulce, my best friend, took me out of my head as she walked past me with a server tray full of dirty dishes.

I scoffed as I walked into the kitchen with her, watching her set the dishes into the sink. "I'm not you."

She snorted, leading me back out to wait more tables with her.

Thanks to the perv of a manager at my old job, I had to quit said job. For one, I was kinda glad it happened because now I had time to babysit Britney. I really did miss her. But it left me too free on the days I didn't have to take care of her.

Thanks to Dulce, though, she put in a word for me to work with her at a cute little restaurant in the middle of the city. It was well known for the big menu options.

A three foot long, five inch thick burrito that you get to eat for free if you finished every last bit within forty minutes. So far only one person had succeeded and they had their picture up on one of the walls.

Realistically, the main reason the place was so popular was the work attire. Considering most of the consumers were male.

A cute little maid outfit that cinched the waist and left little to nothing to the imagination with the low scoop and short skirt. The thigh high stockings didn't really cover much either, but that was just because they barely went past my knees and couldn't stretch further.

Dulce pulled off the outfit a whole lot better with her skinny frame. I wasn't fat, but I couldn't change how wide I was under the waist. I had my momma to thank. Also, while I needed a push-up to show my nonexistent boobs, Dulce effortlessly showed off a double D rack.

That I was jealous of.

It was barely my second day here so I was still going through the training phase, following Dulce around to see how she handled every situation. I was always known to have more patience than my dear best friend, so I knew I'd be fine when the manager finally decided to let me work on my own.

While I wasn't following Dulce around though, I was helping in the kitchen. Washing dishes and mopping the floors. It was a fairly easy job.

The only thing Dulce did warn me about were the three busy days at the end of the week. Thought not very surprising considering the popularity and the weekend was when people were usually free so they went out to enjoy themselves.

No phones were allowed during working hours, and I had no trouble following the rules. But even though I put my phone on silent, I could feel the vibrations of my phone going crazy in the pocket of the skirt.

Looking over at the clock hung up on the wall, I realized I'd be out in a few minutes and decided to let whoever wanted to reach me wait just a bit longer. If it were an emergency they could've called my job.