Seven | New Gym, Familiar Face

Sebastian

It was unfortunate my usual gym was getting shut down. With all the payments I had with the small salary I would get, I could barely afford it when I first signed up. Yet it was something I knew I needed.

Sanity was important.

Now I was doing a little better financially, so it wouldn't hurt to switch to one a bit more expensive. Not that I even had a choice anyway.

The cheaper one also had me drive to the edge of the city which I didn't mind either. Driving was a form of therapy, especially with music blasting at full volume. My eardrums were probably at risk to give out soon, but it would be worth it.

A quick look online showed me there was one on the opposite side of town, but it would still be closer than the other one was. Making the drive shorter by ten minutes. I could go with twenty minute drives.

Putting the address into the navigation in my car, I followed directions, arriving five minutes quicker than expected. The lack of traffic was the reason for that.

The parking lot to the gym seemed packed, but I managed to find an empty spot and quickly swerved into it before the car coming in the opposite direction was able to claim it.

After parking and taking out my gym bag from the trunk, I locked my car and headed inside.

Immediately I spotted just how different it was in here than the last place I went to. For starters, it had more than one floor. The bottom floor having a giant indoor pool and a long wall dedicated to heavy weightlifting. I couldn't see the second floor from here apart from the treadmills lining the glass railing.

On second thought, maybe I couldn't afford this place.

The lady at the front office smiled at me and I braced myself to hear the price as I walked up to her.

"Hi, are you new?"

I chuckled, rubbing the back of my neck with my free hand. "I just wanted to ask how much is the membership here?"

She typed into her computer before speaking. "Well, there's different levels. Starting at forty a month."

"Oh." That really wasn't as bad as I imagined. "Well what are the benefits to each tier?"

"Well forty is the basic membership where you can use any of the equipment in the gym. Just no pool or massage room access."

Considering I never liked swimming anyway and I didn't have time to get massages, I nodded at her for the first tier. "The first tier will be fine for me then."

"Awesome."

After giving her all my information and showing her my ID, I was finally allowed access into the gym and I looked around in search for what to do first. With all the options, I wasn't even sure where to start. Eventually, I settled with going upstairs to use one of the treadmills as a warm up.

As I was walking down the stairs to go to the weightlifting section, I saw a familiar face walk in through the glass doors. Her hair was up in a ponytail and she was wearing a blue gym set. Tight leggings, a sports bra and a cropped zip up that was only zipped halfway.

I felt weird for staring, so I resumed my descend down the stairs and headed towards the long wall of lifting equipment as she greeted the girl at the front desk.

"Eve, hi!"

Now I was regretting my decision to sign up for this specific gym. What if she thought I was a stalker? Or worse; what if she thought I was one of those guys that followed her around everywhere cause he liked her so much.