𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔

"𝗟𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀."

⊹˚₊· ──── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ──── ‧₊˚⊹

"Are you doing ok?"

He frowned and turned to look at you in confusion. "Yea, I'm alright, why?"

He wasn't confused anymore. You could feel a hint of sadness and hesitance in his voice, but decided to let it pass for now. "No no, it's nothing," you said, giving him a reassuring smile. He returned a sad little smile.

Your smile didn't really seem to help him. So you cupped his face in your hands, and holding softly onto his cheeks with your palms, "I know you don't know much about me, and that I might seem like any other fangirl, but," you said breaking and coming back to eye contact. "If you ever need someone to talk to, you can trust me. I promise to never use your secrets against you."

His ears blushed red and a hint of pink danced on his cheeks. "Thank you," he whispered, loud enough for you to hear, while placing his hand against one of yours, cradling it under his cheek.

It was your turn to blush, and you got very flustered again. "Aah, w-well, I think I'll head home now then," you said, softly pulling your hands away from him.

"Mhm, alright," he replied, switching his hand into a different position — intertwining his hand in yours — as you turned to take the record out of the player.

You stopped, and looked at your intertwined hands. You weren't questioning it, and yet,

"I will take you home."

You blushed, but looked slowly up at him, before turning back to the record player. He led you out of the room and out of the building, locking it while you patiently waited for him to finish.

You were walking down the street, still holding hands.

"Umm, my palms...they get..sweaty really easily," you said, almost whispering the last part out of embarrassment.

"And?"

"Huh?" you looked up at him this time.

"So what?"

"I don't think I follow.."

"What I mean to say is," he said, facing the road ahead, breaking eye contact. "I really don't mind if your hands sweat. I...I was about to say the same thing anyways."

He turned to look away this time — ears red. You were excited and if not for the situation, you would jump up and down.

'That's sooo cute!!!'

"O-ohh, I see," you said looking at the ground, trying to suppress a huge grin that was threatening to show. "Then we can both be the sweaty-palmed dorks!" You smiled up at him, gently squeezing his hand.

"Haha, yea," he smiled, too. And for the first time ever — it looked real. You were awestruck.

How can anybody look this euphoric when they smile?!

"Oop- I think we have reached my apartment building," you said after a while, not as reluctant as Xiao hoped you to be. Mainly because you needed to jump onto your bed to squeal while squeezing the life out of your plushies. "Um, so, thanks for spending time with me, it was..."

"Lovely," Xiao says, quietly.

I take a moment to feel surprise, before my face softens. "Yea, lovely," I agree. "Bye bye, Xiao!"

You wave to him as you rush towards the building.

Xiao POV

He looking after your happy running-away figure, allowing himself a gentle smirk. He would kill if it meant that he could see you running back and fro, between him and your apartment like that, forever.

But forever doesn't exist.

"Step out of the shadows," he says, after you long disappeared.

Receiving no reply, he sighs. "You have been following me for long enough. Show yourself."

Xiao patiently waited for a bit, before something rustles behind a thin dark alley, and someone cloaked in the dark came out from their hiding. Xiao did nothing, but stood there taking in every detail of the person they could catch, in silence.

The person's body shape appeared to be that of a girl, but one couldn't be too sure. They stepped out of the shadows, the light of a nearby streetlight dimly shining down upon them. They literally stood there like a stick figure. Xiao was very much confused and it could be seen on his face.

Before he was able to say anything, however, the mysterious person lifted their arms to their ne and started tugging at something.

Xiao eventually figured out that maybe they wanted to take off the slim material that covered their head and face (Spider-Man like).

He was watching the person's every move as they struggled in pulling the mask off their face. But then-

"Who ar-"

"XIAOOO!!!"

Her mask was off and dark hair tumbled down her shoulders, but all that Xiao managed to see in that moment was a dark blur rushing at him, suffocating him in an embrace. The force of the hug caused him to stumble and the two of them toppled onto the ground. He hissed at the sudden impact with the ground, as he lifted himself up onto his elbows, the weight of the girl on top of him making it harder to do so.

But as soon as he looked at the girl that clung to him, surprise hit him.

"HU TAO?!"

⊹˚₊· ──── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ──── ‧₊˚⊹

ଘ(˵╹-╹)━☆ Author's Note

When I originally started this fanfic, I thought I would create this whole giant story. But now, I'm trying to find ways to shorten it xD 

Anyway, what do you think Hu Tao is up to now?

hehe, enjoy the read! >:))