𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

"𝗜𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗻𝗹𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝗱𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗱."

⊹˚₊· ──── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ──── ‧₊˚⊹

"U-um, so..." you trailed off, unsure of how to start a conversation. You were sitting here, on the same bench, with the person you dreamed of talking to, and yet you had no idea what to say.

"Can you...ugh, might just as well say it — can you stay with me for a bit after our rehearsal is over?"

You looked up at him, eyes wide, a deeper blush creeping up your cheekbones.

Did he just as me to stay with him after everyone else was gone? Alone?!

"Uh, sure! I-I'd be honoured," were the only things that came out of your mouth.

"Um, here," Xiao said, handing you something. You cupped your hands and he dropped the small cold object into your hands. You looked down at it.

It was a key!

Looking back up at him a big grin threatening to spread on your face. Your eyes almost literally sparkled.

"While we're rehearsing, you can walk around and explore the place. This key opens most of the closed doors, so feel free to use it."

He then stood up, and sneaking only a quick glance at her childish expression, he hastily walked away (mainly because he couldn't handle this much cuteness).

You clutched the key (if it would be a paper one, you would've squashed it already) and shouted a "thank you!" after him. You waited for him to leave, and the door closer to the beginning of the corridor to snap shut. When you made sure that no one was around, you switched off the light in the piano room, and excitedly ran up the corridor, trying not to make too much noise.

You opened each door one by one (not in an organised order since you are acting on what door you find most interesting), not always using the key since some were open. In the end you ended up finding a store room (cleaning utilities), a room that displayed some 'work-in-progress' or test looks, a storage of snacks and a small kitchen, and the pretty resting room in which you were taken in the previous time you visited.

Then you remembered that there was a small piece of the corridor that turned to the left, opposite to the piano room. So that's where you went. It was dark in there, since the only light was a window above the stairs (you promised yourself that you would go there after you explore the rooms where you were now). So intriguing!!

There were four rooms, three on the wall in front of you, and one to the right. That one was the darkest of them all, because of the stairs shadow. That added suspense to it, and was obviously the first door you had decided to try and open. Pushing it ajar didn't work, so you thought that perhaps the key would be useful this time.