𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

"𝗚𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗱𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗶𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗯𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘀𝗼𝗺 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘀𝗽𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗼𝘂𝗹."

 ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆

𝓓id I...die?

"Y/n! Y/N!"

A voice...that's a voice...

"Y/N!"

...a girlish voice.

Ugh, light. It's too bright..

You saw light. Something else began to appear around you, but it was all too blurry to make out. Just a bunch of blurry blobs and a blind-sighting light behind them.

Soon you began to make out the hues. The light appeared to be a slightly cold hue. Everything around was receiving color, too.

"Y/n! Chis okthay!"

Huh?

A voice? Yes, but what are they saying?

You can't quite make out the weird sounds coming out of a girls mouth.

Suddenly, with a zoom, you fall back to reality. Ayaka is standing, with a surprised and worried expression above you, and it seems like she's the one talking. The blinding light is still above you, and it makes you squint your eyes. Everything took shape again.

A ringing ran through your head, and you pressed the palms of your hands to your ears to block out the sound. When it was gone in a few seconds, you lowered your hands and looked back up at Ayaka again.

"Ay...Ayaka?" you said softly.

"Y/n! You're okay!!" She jumped up and landed onto you, in an embrace. You could barely breathe.

"It's..nice...to see you too, but...you're gonna...SQUEEZE ME TO DEATH!" you screamed in between hitched breaths.

"Aaa! SORRY!" she said, instantly jumping off of me and shaking her hands in worry.

"It's ok," you voiced, smiling up at her softly.

Suddenly, you both heard a loud knock on the door. You took the chance to glance around your surroundings. You were lying on a maroon couch, in a room with a pretty low ceiling which had long, cold-hue lights on it. A black modern bookshelf stood against the left wall. It looked like a resting area, but at the same time it reminded you of a parking lot.

Where am I?

"Yes yes, come in!" Ayaka said, turning her head in the direction of the wooden door, interrupting your thoughts.

Your eyes widened quite a bit, when you saw the 4NEMO themselves walk into the room one by one.

You lifted yourself slowly up on your elbows, to get a better view (and obviously to make sure that you aren't hallucinating).

"Yay! You're alive!" a blue haired individual ran up to where you were and bent down a bit.

'I can't believe that I'm talking to Venti right now!!' you thought to yourself.

They flooded you with questions about your state, all of them that is, except Xiao. He stood awkwardly in the background, but he didn't take his eyes off you, a worried expression plastered on his face.

You looked him in the eyes, and he almost jumped up on the spot, probably not expecting for you to spot him.

He sighed quickly, breaking eye contact, before walking slowly towards you.

"Are you ok?" he said.

His voice was slightly raspier and deeper than you expected, and you almost blushed. Almost.

"Y-yeah, I'm ok," you said. You couldn't help but stammer slightly.

"Hmm," was all that he said in reply.

Awkward silence filled the room.

"So, um.." Venti spoke, but was quickly cut off.

"So how did you know?" Kazuha cut in, facing you.

"Um, know what?" you asked, visibly confused.

"How did you know that someone was attempting to...harm us?"

"Oh! Well, that.., um, there wasn't much to it. I saw men sneaking their way up onto the stage, so I thought that weird, and decided to find out what that was about."

"Hmm. I see. Well, either way, we owe you a lot."

"Mhm," Heizou nodded.

"Yeah!" Venti piped in.

"ESPECIALLY, Xiao here."

Xiao perked up at his name, and turned to stare at Kazuha, who only looked solemnly back at him.

Awkward silence descended, once more.

"Well, we gotta head away now," Heizou said. "The concert is terminated as of now, so maybe we'll have to perform it again some time later this month. Well, see ya!"

They gave you their smiles and wishes, and walked out the door. Xiao walked away last, but paused before walking out the door, and turned his head sideways, without making eye contact.

"Thank you. I do indeed owe you one."

∘⊹˚₊· ──── ⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆ ──── ‧₊˚⊹

✎ (❁ᴗ͈ˬᴗ͈) ༉‧ 𝗔𝘂𝘁𝗵𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁𝗲

Okie, so this isss a slow-burn, but it still burns. The first tiny part of the fluff is here, a bit more will come in around Chapter 4 and 5, but it will be more like slow character development rather than fluff itself, BUT DW! Fluff will come. I just want the story to progress more before a ton of fluff.

Well, hope you enjoyed this not-so-big of a chapter, and I'll keep updating this (hopefully daily!)

See ya, my fellow readers~

P.S. Guys, should I keep the banners? I'm doubting if I want them in the chapters, so I'll remove them for now, but if you want me to keep them, pls tell me so!