𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

"𝗔 𝗰𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗵 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗮𝗻 𝗵𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗮 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗱."

⋆°*‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱‧*°⋆

Xiao's Pov

He couldn't help but worry when you didn't answer him. He kept checking his phone right until the time that he had to go on-stage. He was reluctant to perform without you there to see it, but he's an idol. There's nothing he can do about it. 

He heard crowds of people behind the curtain as he stood on his small elevated platform, holding his mike stand lazily with one hand. He wondered, hoped that you would magically appear in the audience watching him as he would start singing. Yet he also knew that there was no point in deluding yourself. 

"Xiao, you ready?" Hu Tao exclaimed in a low voice from where she was standing at the top of the formation.

He turned to look up at her and gave her a curt nod. 

"Let's smash this, guys!" Venti whispered excitedly, while sitting down on the seat behind the drum-set. Kazuha, Heizou, and Venti burst into a low-voice conversation, leaving Xiao to his thoughts.

As the curtains rose, Xiao closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. Perhaps he was not ready, of all the times he had to perform this felt like it was his first time ever, and he was terribly nervous. They rehearsed so many times that he thought he memorized the song by heart, and yet, he felt as if he would forget them all when the music started.

"Xiao, don't worry," Venti managed hastily. "Do this for Y/n."

Venti knew exactly what he was doing. Xiao opened his eyes, seeing a gigantic audience before him, all hushing to silence at the sight of their beloved idols. He no longer felt worried or nervous, for despite the fact that over thirty-thousand people came to see them, he was going to sing only for Y/n. 

Perhaps then, she might show up. He still believed.

"Three! Two! One...," the stage technician yelled from behind the wings. 

By the time Xiao had finished the first part of his song lines, he felt weird, and it took Venti an extra BANG on the drum to bring him back to reality to continue singing after Hu Tao finished singing hers.

And then...he thought that he heard someone say his name, very faintly. He probably imagined it, but the voice was familiar.

He darted his eyes this way and that, trying to find the source of the voice, until he locked eyes with a girl, standing just a bit too far away to see clearly, but close enough to make him understand who she was. Y/n stood there, frozen, staring straight into his eyes as if there was no distance between them.