68

JULIET

Kerem...

I am writing this message to you as if it were a letter from the last century, although via a WhatsApp text. I'm on the plane, about to take off on my way to Italy with a direct flight to Milan. It will be the first time that I cross the ocean by plane and I feel extremely tense with all this situation, so many hours in the sky, it does break a record in my expectations. But if I have learned anything from you, it is that I must believe in my own abilities and in my intuition. And above all things, that I must trust in my talent, that it can take me far to make opportunities that I always dreamed of come true.

And this is one of them.

I shouldn't write to you, out of pride. But my ego is completely pushed aside before you, and I must admit that I want to tell you what is happening to me.

I was devastated by your apartment proposal. I inquired about the payment to reinstate it and they told me from the administration that you left an entire semester canceled, which is brutal. The apartment is bigger than I really need and the facilities are a wonderful luxury. I want to tell you that I am grateful for what you did for me, because you have been the first to believe in me in a way that I would not have expected before. Truly, infinite thanks for being the person you were at the right moment that I needed it.

But I also hope that you can find the answers that you need and that, unfortunately, I cannot provide you.

I appreciate you very much.

Last night I couldn't sleep with the anxiety that the trip generated in me and with thousands of thoughts about you that kept spinning in my head... Until I understood. I can't ask you for love if your wife, the woman you cried so much for, even though she betrayed you, may still be alive. Or, at least, that she has had a plagued life whose answers you need to know, even if it makes you go against everyone's principles. I understand you, believe me I do.

These weeks with you, with Ali were magical for me, I can't imagine what it was like in the past, when you were complete. Complete without me. I am not part of that world, but I thank you for opening a door for me to contemplate something else, to believe myself capable of imagining an even better future and to know that one day fate or life can make us cross paths again.

Ufff, this message has already been too much.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for, Kerem.

The plane is about to take off.

I wish I had a hand to hold tight while it happens, but the universe is wise and will have its reasons to show me that I should and can do this by myself.

Thank you seriously.

Thank you always.

God, I'm crying. I'm a goofball! People will say "what's wrong with this crazy woman?", but I suppose people cry at goodbyes, although I didn't have anyone come here to say goodbye in person.

Say hi to Zara for me if she's alive.

Tell her that she has the most beautiful family in history and that, I must admit, I will never forgive her for the damage she did. But I trust you can fix it.

I love you.

I love you all very much.

And take care of Thammy. She's a great guide to Ali, as Neville is to you just as he was to your father in the past.

Ali, my little... The millionaire's baby will be fine without me.

Goodbye, Kerem.

Goodbye,

Juls, alias Judith, alias Juliet.