Chapter 34 part 2 Damien's pov

34 part 2 special chapter

Damien Martin's POV

(The flashback when Vivan got her period)

"It appears that my girl has finally entered into womanhood. Her menstrual cycle has begun, marking the conclusion of her transformation into an ideal companion. She will slowly but surely learn to adapt to the life ahead of her.."

I want to provide her with more freedom, such as giving her treats other than some silly chocolate privilege. I feel as though I should be more lenient with her.

"This is a common symptom of that particular physiological state, as the frequent fluctuations in her hormonal levels can cause intense emotional instability." I recalled my brother's words.

No wonder she's moody about everything little thing.

Her resentment towards me is at an all-time high right now, but I find it nothing but pathetic attempt at being a revolting brat to give Me a taste of her frustration.

Her circumstances literally entail spending the remainder of her life with me without a doubt.

_____________

(The day Vivan was allowed to see her family again)

Her heart-rending weeping and her downbeat stare at the car window was the only thing seemed alive yet so broken.

Initially, when I brought her to this location, she attempted to flee on given chance. Hence, I resolved to be on increased alert and follow her every maneuver with meticulous attention.

That moment seeing her crying over her family, I felt the rage bubbling inside me.
That brat...She must smile and cry, for me only.

The sole thing holding me back from forcing her to return to the inn was her unceasing whimpering and trembling, with her slim frame, as she cried uncontrollably. 'She's BeAuTiFuL like this.'

Afterwards, I led her to this flower field, where she had the time of her life. She even managed to give me a faint smile.
'Such a confusing little thing.'

I spent my miserable ten years while I saw Gabrielle's face everywhere.

But now I was looking at Vivan, I saw Vivan, only Vivan. Vivan was the only one who could make me forget about any other things this world present to me.

Ever since my birth, everything was handed to me, yet I owned nothing, a contradiction that is deeply ingrained in my being even now.

'I felt her tensing up as I get closer to her to take a look at the flower bundle she's been making.'
But this... this complete control over something.. something that I solely own is exhilarating.

Eyes never lie.

I couldn't understand how that girl could be so happy and carefree even after me having subjected her to such atrocities.
My brain struggled, attempting to fathom it. How was that girl, despite her suffering at my hands, still able to be joyful and carefree? I was left puzzled and mystified by the matter.

'I trailed my fingers across her bottom lip as she seemed to be wanting to be somewhere other than sitting with her captor as she tightly gripped onto the flower bundle.'

A look without needing much words. She reluctantly leaned in to give me a kiss on the cheek.

Smart choice.

I leaned on the car and lost in my thoughts with a cigarette while I let her enjoy her little exploration.

I wouldn't make the same mistake again,
Those memories haunted me like a shadow.