PART NINE | Sleeper

Start from the beginning

"Tomorrow?" I asked hopeful.

Rhea crossed her arms. "I have to leave tomorrow."

My smile fell. "What time?"

Rhea shrugged. "Maybe 11. I need to get to Texas for the weekend."

"Can I show you tomorrow morning then?" I asked.

"Fine." Rhea let out, looking back to her things on the floor. Then she went over and rummaged in her bag, pulling out cds. Multiple. She brought them over. "I have a few."

I looked at them, not really knowing any of them.

"Firstly, my favourite band in the world, motionless in white." Rhea explained, showing me a devilish cd cover. "They're heavy metal, and pretty intense and loud. They're not for everyone but, promise me you'll have a listen?"

I nodded because of course I would. I took it from her and read the names of the song on the back. Interesting.

"And I got you a Taylor Swift. I don't really know what you like, so I just got a range." She gave me the next cover. Of course I knew who Taylor Swift was. "And this is Billie Eilish." She passed me another. "And this was on sale so, Nickelback. They're not bad."

I looked at them all, smiling. "Thank you." I told her, really meaning it. "I'll listen to all of them the rest of the week."

"You better tell me what one's you like and don't like." Rhea said.

I looked to the motionless in white cd. "Out of these?"

"Out of all the cds. Tell me what's your favourite on each album." Rhea explained. "Especially this one." Rhea tapped to her favourite one.

"We can listen to it now." I brought up.

Rhea smiled. "That would be awesome." She took it from my hands and walked to the stereo, putting it in.

I took a seat against the wall and watched as she walked back over as the first song started playing. More like raging.

It was so loud and so screaming. This was going to be an interest next hour or so.

Time jump

It was official.

Nothing Ever After was my favourite song. Followed by Werewolf, I liked the howls and it was fun.

I did not love Slaughterhouse, which Rhea told me was her favourite to work out to. The music wasn't my favourite thing I don't think, but it wasn't bad.

It had a lot of sinning in it.

Rhea said I'd grow into it, and should have started a bit slower as they are intense. I agreed, and rested my head on her shoulder when the album finished. "I'm hungry." I whispered, my stomach feeling empty again.

"Grab my bag." Rhea pointed to her bag and I reached over to grab it. She took it and pulled out a bag of...

Sour Gummy Bears.

And...

Malteasers.

They were incredible. I could really get used to eating like this, even though I probably shouldn't.

Time passed when I brought up watching more WWE. So we watched a... Wrestlemania I think. There was 2 days, and I think we watched day 2. "I think I might have a crush on Roman Reigns." I said as the final match finished.

Rhea pulled her phone away and looked beside to me, her eyebrows creased.

"But I have a bigger crush on you." I explained with a smile.

Rhea rolled her eyes. "Everyone has a crush on Roman reigns."

"Even you?" I asked.

"Nah." Rhea answered. "I'm quite the lesbian."

My eyes widened and I scratched my chin. "Okay, well, any women you have a crush on?"

"Oh yeah." Rhea answered instantly. "Wanna hear about her?" She grinned at me.

My smile fell, and I dropped my shoulders. "Yeah." I replied quietly, really not wanting to hear about her.

Rhea cleared her throat. "Brown hair. Amazing green eyes. Pale skin. This little bump in the bridge of her nose..." I looked at her and she continued. "An amazing body that I think about more than I probably should. She's sweet, kind, deserves the world and oh, she's a Russian." Rhea looked at me.

I couldn't help but smile and blush. I looked away. Resting my head back on the wall.

"You're my only crush, if you didn't figure it out." Rhea said, making me look at her. Her head was also rested on the wall. She brought her hand to my chin softly, and put her thumb on my lip. "I can't wait to kiss these lips of yours." She whispered, turning her body to get closer to me.

I held my grin back.

Rhea didn't and thumbed my lip, letting it go and staring at them. "Tonight." She told me. "Is the beginning of your new life, Kat. With me. It starts with me and that ring." She looked down.

My breaths were a bit shallow and I couldn't catch it. She was so close and I could just break it right now. But I pulled back. I had to talk to my father first.

I looked at the time and it was nearly time for my brother to pick me up.

Rhea pulled me into her arms before she left, resting her chin on my head for a minute. "I'll see you soon, alright. I'll be upstairs waiting for you, Kat." She whispered, kissing me on the forehead softly. I nodded against her chest, and my stomach felt sick when she left.

It was really wild how close I'd grown to her over the last few days. I felt like I knew everything about her and I haven't even seen her house or anything like that.

I packed my gear up, making sure everything was ready to go when Nik got here.