PART NINE | Sleeper

Start from the beginning

Rhea shook her head and chuckled. "I'll do it to you first and then we can swap."

"Okay." I closed my eyes and smiled, tensing my body. "Just do it." I snapped, anticipating something.

Rhea didn't say anything, but she moved and she wrapped one arm around my neck and the other sort of sitting on my head.

I grabbed her forearm and opened my eyes, she was hardly squeezing. "Is that it?" I asked, looking up at her because she wasn't holding me tight at all. Her bicep was the hardest thing at the side of my head.

"That's it." Rhea clarified.

"Alright." I said, slipping out of her hold. "My turn." I bounced on my toes ready to do exactly what she did to me.

"I'm kinda of nervous." Rhea looked scared as she looked at me. "Don't make me suplex you over my head." Rhea said and turned around.

I realised I'll have to jump on her back to actually get the right hold. She was taller than me, by a fair bit.

I hoped she wouldn't suplex me.

I jumped on her back, wrapping my arm around her neck like she did. I squeezed harder than she did me and put my legs around her. "Tap! Tap!" I said to her, wiggling around and she stumbled on her feet, grabbing my forearm and giggling.

"You're crazy." Rhea laughed, looking back at me like she was totally comfortable. I was squeezing pretty hard, so I squeezed harder.

Rhea stopped laughed and shifted her body, and in one movement I was in the air and the next I was at her front, and she was holding me. "Oh my god." I took a breath, trying to get my consciousness back after that.

"Told you I wouldn't drop you." Rhea said, smiling at me. "You will never make me tap." She said.

"One day." I said and slipped from her arms and onto my feet. "When I learn how to take you down properly." My eyes strayed to her very broad boulders and bicep. "And when I get in the gym." I added softly.

Rhea raised her eyebrows and smiled. "You're getting excited to get out."

My smile fell, realising I could be hoping for no reason. He could make me stay.

At this point, I was too excited to get out of there and do things with Rhea. I couldn't stay. "If this doesn't work out, Rhea." I started, serious tone in my voice which made Rhea stop and listen. "If he doesn't let me move out, then, then I'll go with you no matter what."

Rhea smiled. "I love to hear that."

"I just don't know what him or my brother would do once they find out I have left like that. Running away." I said nervously.

"Would they want to hurt me or you?" Rhea asked.

I shrugged. "Probably both."

Rhea nodded. "No one is going to lay a hand on you when you're with me, Kat. If your father walked through that door right now and went for you, he'd have to beat me to a pulp to get to you, and even then I'm not sure if I'd let him."

I looked down with a sad smile, because I hated thinking about that. I didn't want her hurt. It made ms realise this is exactly what she is feeling about me.

"I'm really sorry." I told her. "This is all a lot for someone to-"

"Don't even start that, Kat. I'm here." Rhea cut me off. It was silent between us for a second before Rhea cleared her throat, wanting to move on from the topic. "Show me how you dance then." She said.

I rubbed my eyes in embarrassment. "Right now? But I'm all full of pizza..." I rubbed my stomach.

Rhea raised her eyebrows. "You're delaying the inevitable, Kat. I want to see you dance."