Though she thinks this fragment of her is just lying. Her face looks a bit serious as they walk. She is even sweating for a bit, as if she is becoming feverish. It might not be seen due to the scarf covering her lower face, but she thinks she might be even breathing harder.

'Should I... really continue with this?'

Since for a long time she has been sealed her, the only thing she desires is to be freed from this endless suffering. Everytime she felt them trying to take a piece of her, she felt unimaginable pain piercing through her very soul. She felt disgusted on the things she has done in the past, and the aftermath created by those dark organization. She wanted to forget everything.

Though she knows she is but one of the personalities of Aurora. Moreso, she is just a memory. There are others out there who surely thinks that what they have done is right, or maybe they are even sadistic enough to cause suffering all over the world just because they can.

Regardless, she don't know what's the true purpose of the fragment who came here. Is it really for her?

But she seems like she just stumbled upon her. She is even looking for an escape route, which is surprising because normally they would want to absorb each of their missing parts.

This fragment of hers.... she felt like she can even become friends with her. She will be willing to be absorbed by her if this is how she truly is.

"Oh, another place."

She blinks her eyes for a moment, until she registers where they are. It is a place with a gigantic door in front. It is blocked by a lot of large chains and a giant lock, and those chains are all connected to a pedestal where a sword is stabbed, the majority of it's blade buried in it. The chains are wrapped around the arm that is stabbed by that blade, laying flat on the pedestal.

'After this part.... I will be free...' She thought to herself as she gestured for the other her to do the honors.

Though she widened her eyes when she saw the fragment of her.... no, the person who is disguising as her melting. The night colored hair she has is slowly becoming shorter until it stops on the waist of that child-like figure. Her beautiful purple hair sways gently from side to side as she shakes her head.

"Aw man.... I can't hold onto it anymore...." The child whines as she shakes her hand, taking off the goop that has been the fake body that she is using.

"..... Wait.... you're not...?"

"Oh, sorry Violet-san. I'm actually going to tell you, but you kept talking and monologuing about your memories and being freed so I just forgot..." The girl said before looking up at her with that amber eyes she has.

Normally, those eyes looks solemn and brooding, though those eyes directed at her looks positively bright. As if she just finds something very interesting.

"By the way, that is a nice looking sword!" Without even minding her own shock, the purple haired lady goes near the sword and tries to take it off. "Uh.... it doesn't budge..."

She tries to pull it, or even pushed it with it's hilt but regardless of what she does, it's not moving at all.

".... Welp, seems like I'm not the chosen one..."

As she is doing that, Aurora is just staring at her with her jaw slacked. The feelings of anxiousness and horror slowly taking root on her heart as she looks at the person, no, at the child whom she practically pushed to this ordeal.

"Wait... I can still..."

This is a great blunder on her part. She didn't notice at all. Her disguise is impeccable, that she manages to copy even her magical signature. Now that she is looking the true appearance of the girl, she practically didn't have any magic on her body.

Before she can move though, she felt the presence of someone getting to this place. Instinctively, she moves until she is in front of the purple haired child, blocking her to the sight of the balding priest who revealed himself.

".... Where is the other Aurora, did she run away?" Jack Nelson asks before his interest was taken by the purple haired lady who is behind her. "And what's a kid doing here?" He said before shaking his head. "It doesn't matter.... the only thing I need is you, Aurora!" His eyes looks at her with a malicious light on his eyes.

"Wait..." The purple haired lady seems to be trying to go forward, but she hold onto her shoulder with her one hand as she gestured with her other hand to stop. "Will you please let this child go...?"

She felt incredibly guilty pushing a curious child to this place. She have seen her prowess, but it still can't be denied that this is still a child.

She reminds her of her younger days.

If this purple haired lady got swept up and even captured by these evil organization, she might just not forgive herself.

"Hoh...? The Witch of Calamity herself is trying to plead because of a kid? This is golden!" He sneers. "I can do that.... but we can't let that child go now that she has seen the interior of the Sanctuary."

Aurora felt a bit guilty at that. Even if she pleaded now, it seems like this purple haired lady is going to be stuck here forever.

"... Uh, excuse me, I am here you know?"

The two quickly looks at her direction. The purple haired girl walking forward and even having the gall to swat her hand holding onto her shoulder.

"Also, it's cute that you are suddenly trying to plead for me, Violet-san."

"What are you doing?" She grumbled at her, feeling a bit annoyed that this purple haired lady is crazy enough to go against the priest.

"I thought you wanted to be free? I'm going to do just that!" She looks honestly confident as she grins at her.

It felt a bit foreign seeing that on her face, but somehow it feels like it just suits her personality.

".... What is this? Do you like that old woman that much?" Acting Archbishop Nelson called out, taking their attention back to him. "How absurd.... a child actually wants to save someone who once destroyed the world!"

"Cool argument, but who cares?" The purple haired lady just shrugs her shoulder. "Also, I can't really escape here without helping Violet-san. So this is a win win for me!"

Nelson chuckled, before producing a longsword on his waist.

"It can't be help. I'll just kill her and take you. This is a rare occasion as this is the first time you wake up after so long!" Nelson directed those words at Aurora, who looks speechless while gazing at the purple haired lady.

Then Nelson blurs, and already he is at the purple haired lady's side. His long sword is swung mercilessly at the lady's neck.

But....

"What!?"

Despite not having magic, the lady seamlessly transitioned her stance into a sidestep, and then a counter all at that single instance. Her pommel strike is surprisingly heavy, causing him to stagger.

"Guh!? How did you...!?"

The golden eyed child grins at him as she lazily rolls her knife on her hand.

"You are easy to read." She simply said with a smile.

Nelson gazes at her with surprise, before his eyes turned serious.

"I see... it seems like I have underestimated you...." Then, his figure flickers, until two of him appears. "Though without magic, two of us will be enough!"

The little girl whistled. "Cool trick." She simply said, before taking a stance with her knife.

Aurora can only watch as she looks at the brave girl who's back is turned on her. Fending the person who wants to take her for their nefarious goals.

She can't help but feel somewhat amazed at that brave figure, and a hope slowly blooms within her heart as she saw them restarting their clash on each other.

A/N

If you have fun in my story, and you'd like to support me, then you can go to my Kofi account.

Ko-fi.com/levelgap

Thank you for reading this!~