Chapter 47

Klaus and Martha quickly noticed that something is amiss when the lights around flickers. It is just in time he manages to shout out a warning to the others before the lights vanishes, and the windows were broken as the blurs of shadows enters the hall.

It is unfortunate that others are not fast enough to react. He heard the screams of one of his maids, and a series of flesh being rend by sharp edges. Other noises includes meaty thudding, heavy footsteps, and clashes of blades.

'Who is it? Who is causing trouble on our house!?' He thought with a grim expression, before turning to his wife.

The only source of light in this dark room is the moonlight shining beyond the broken windows. Klaus is a skilled dark knight, so he can use his magic to enhance his eyesight. His wife is also very skilled, so they can still see each other even with the dim lighting.

By only looking at each other, they immediately know what the other is going to do next. They nodded to each other, before quickly moving their separate ways.

'I leave our daughter to you, my Dear Wife...' He simply thought as he goes to the fray. Going to save the others in this darkness.

*Scene Break*

Claire quickly repelled another strike from her assailant, before countering with her own slash. She manages to score a hit, drawing blood from the sudden intruder on this estate.

"What is happening?" She wonders aloud as she looks around her.

She is just having a competition with someone called Filo Erbyu and Thea Patty. It's a food competition where anyone who can eat every types of meal served in this room wins. She is just getting close to finishing a slice of the large white cake when these people decided to interrupt them.

'I thought this barony is peaceful? Just where did these vagrants came from!?' She thought, before another thought came to her. 'What about Arisa!?'

She quickly looks around, though it's impossible even with her enhanced senses. There are a lot of people scampering around the darkness, while these assailants are mixed along with them. Even if she can see their silhouettes in the dim lighting, she can't recognize any of them without getting closer.

Another man tries to sneak up on her with their blade raised, but she simply swings her blade. Killing him instantly.

"I have no time for the likes of you!" She said, before immediately moving within the darkness.

She passes through the crowds blocking her path as she walks calmly around the room. Dodging when someone tries to attack her, or even countering them with her own swordsmanship.

While moving, she senses someone sneaking behind her, and quickly attacking them with a surprised turning swing. She is surprised when they managed to block her quick strike, only to gasps in realization as she saw who it is.

"Watch it!" Filo Erbyu grunted in irritation. "How uncouth! Swinging a blade willy nilly...!"

"I don't know, maybe you are one of these vagrants sneaking behind me? Just move on, it's an honest mistake!" Claire rebutted with a click of her tongue.

"Stop fighting and let's find Arisa-chan!" On the side, Thea urges them as she repels another assailant with her short sword.

They decided to stay silent and quietly move around the crowd. They will take care of these invaders if they come to them, but their first priority is getting to Arisa. If something happens to her again.... they will never be able to forgive themselves.

Just as they are thinking like that, a resounding scream of a familiar girl occurs on the distance.

"""Arisa!?"""

*Scene Break*

Going back in time for a bit....

Wow, I didn't thought this will get hectic. Though I can't help but feel excited.

Who would have thought that this guy actually has his own fantasies. Looking for a secret hideout. It's one of the greatest dreams for a young boy like him. Even I have made secret hideouts in my past life just because it's cool.

He might be an aspiring villain, or maybe an antihero of some sorts. I don't sense any heroic vibes from him after all. Maybe a tragic hero?

Regardless, it seems like he even has a script of his own. I've already noticed these men hiding just behind him, and has just shown themselves after he "learned" something from me. I don't know the full script, but maybe it's something about an important place that belongs to them or whatever?

Regardless, Misledan is now on the main spotlight. His audience? Obviously it's me!

As I am acting as a mob, I must also fulfill my own script. Watch the events unfold as he takes care of these bad guys and emerge victorious.

Of course, this event will be bland if there is no drama in it. There needs to be a plot twist to make this interesting.

Something like this guy who is sneaking behind me. Normally, I would have killed him, but as I am a good audience, I should let Misledan get the spotlight here.

So I let this guy "catch" me off guard. Feeling the cold steel of the blade pressing against my throat as he grasps my shoulder with his other hand roughly.

"Stop, or I'll slit the throat of this girl!"

As expected, Misledan stops and turns to me with a shocked expression.

"You bastard!" He tries to take a step forward but...

"Don't move, I will kill her if you make any movements!" Perfect, just like what I thought!

Though, your being too rough on me, Mister.

He looks to be indecisive, which is perfect as a tragic hero. His expression says it all. The others are sneaking behind him, raising their blade to make a sneak attack on him.

I still need to add another just to spice this up...

"IYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA--!!!"

Being a mob is really hard for my throat, though I achieve the effect of what I want to do. With my scream, the others are going to be on their fight or flight response. Misledan will be forced to make a decision fast.

It's pretty easy to make that kind of scream. I just controlled the pitch of my tone with my magic so it will reach the whole house. I think I can score my scream 10/10 if I say so myself.

Now then, aspiring tragic hero. Will you try and save me with your body? Or let me die and go on an uncontrollable rampage after they "kill" me?

Let me bear witness to your script, Misledan Thero!

(Another Reminder: This is the protagonist!)

Something unexpected happen though...

A surge of a foreign magical energy suddenly rushes through my location. It only took a short moment before I suddenly found myself being covered in a comfortable warmth. I also heard the screams of these random assailants, and sensed that they were blown away.

Wait... what are these feathers...?

"Don't worry, your mother is here!"

I quickly realized who it is as I look at the familiar eyes of my mother. Though there is something different with her.

For one, one of her eyes became a glowing silver one with her sclera being black. The second thing is that her long purple hair has streaks of white from here and there.

The third thing I noticed is that she has a single pure white wing that is covering our body, as if trying to hug us together.

Err..... I know you are a former heroine mother. You have the demeanor and the appearance and all of that...

Still, you shouldn't be taking the spotlight of an aspiring antihero, you know?

Now look, Misledan is speechless!