Chapter one

This part is very sensitive based on the important things we have going on now in the world. #BLM ✊🏿 ✊🏾 ✊🏽

We were driving down the highway at night going to collect the money from the guys my brother, DJ, had running the corners in the south. We were alone on the road so DJ was speeding having fun blasting music from the car. Out of nowhere we heard cop sirens over the music they were blasting and a voice on a megaphone. "PULL OVER YOUR VEHICLE NOW!" My cousin pulled over and told me to stay calm.

Before the cops got over to the car he jammed the .9mm in between the seats then put his hand on the steering wheel. When the cops came to the window he yelled through the glass "I'm rolling down the window officer". As he said that there was another white policeman walking to my side of the car. My window was already rolled down so the officer was shining his flashlight in my face which I felt was very disrespectful. I kept my hands in my lap so they were visible to the white policeman.

He told me to keep my eyes in his direction as the other cop questioned DJ. "Boy did you know you were going 40mph more than the speed limit" he sounded like a slave owner. It was just something about the way he said "boy" that didn't sit right with me. "Sir I was all alone on the road but I understand there is no real defense for what I did so I accept all responsibility." He said calmly with his hands still on the steering wheel. "Yeah yeah get out of the car I need to search your vehicle." The police officer said snootily and DJ and I got out. The other white officer patted DJ down and directed me to sit on the ground while the one that questioned him searched that car.

"Oh my my my what do we have here" the officer there. The officer threw a gram of coke on the hood of the car. I knew it wasn't ours because we had already made the delivery and dropped off the cash. The cop was setting us up. "Aye man that ain't mine. I don't do that stuff." DJ said to the officer as the other white officer cuffed him and threw him against the hood of the car roughly. "I said it isn't mine man I don't know where that came from" DJ wasn't resisting. "Shut the hell up you monkey . How did it get in you car then boy explain that." The white cop went over to DJ and started yelling at him. DJ still wasn't resisting but I had a gut feeling shit was about to go downhill and we were still alone on the highway.

"I don't know sir that is not mine I do not know how it ended up in my car. I'll take a drug test anything you want man but it's not mine." He was pleading with the cop but I really just wanted him to be quiet these cops were playing dirty. "What I really want you and the rest of the monkeys to do is fall off the face of this earth but that won't happen now will it." The officer stepped in Dj's face. I wanted to say something but DJ always said my smart ass mouths got us in trouble. So I remained silent as he always told me to if anything like this was to ever happen. "Come on I'm gonna take y'all in" Dj started walking with a limp because the officer had slammed him onto the hood of the car and he ended up hurting his knee. While the other officer was putting me in handcuffs the other officer started yelling at DJ.

"Are you resisting arrest boy !" He yelled really loud and the officer started to turn red in the face.

"No sir my knee from when your partner slammed-" The officer cut him off and started yelling again "SHUT THE HELL UP YES YOU ARE." The policeman drew his weapon and my eyes grew big. "You're resisting arrest!" "No sir I'm n-" Then I saw the officer shoot DJ 3 times . Once in the chest and twice in the legs. I started crying because I saw him take his last breath. He looked at me from the ground while he was bleeding out. "PLEASE HELP HIM PLEASE" I begged these pigs but they wouldn't help him. I watched the puddle get bigger around his body as he was struggling to breathe. He looked at me and then stopped fidgeting around on the ground. He didn't blink or anything he just left me. The cops took him from me. They took him away and he was the only thing I had left. They killed him for no reason. I wanted to kill that cop myself but I knew I couldn't . But to see someone so close to me get taken away from me in a matter of minutes fucked me up mentally.