‘Maybe Jake was right, I shouldn’t be with him.’ I thought to myself. ‘He’s your mate,’ the voice inside me said. ‘He wants someone that can shift.’ I said back. ‘Well then, shift.’ The voice said. ‘It’s not that easy.’ The voice laughed ‘I’m your wolf; you just have to get mad enough, you’re mad now, just try.’ It said.

I took a deep breath and all of a sudden there was a burst of pain inside of me and I fell to the floor letting about a shout. The pain was still there and as I listened the shout turned into a growl, I looked down at my hands; they were replaced with paw, a black paw. Then I heard screaming.

*Parker*

As I waited outside of the bathroom for Cecilia to come out Avery walked up to me.

“Where’s Cecilia?” she asked.

“In the bathroom.” I said bored.

“You better treat her right, or I will cut your balls off.” She threatened. I stared at her shocked. Two girls came screaming out of the bathroom and pushed right through Avery and I.

“Wolf in the bathroom!” she screamed in my face as I grabbed her.

“Cecilia.” Avery gasped and ran into the bathroom, I followed close behind her.

Cecilia walked out of the bathroom stall in wolf form, she was beautiful, and her fur was as black as the night, eyes golden; her wolf was breath taking. She looked up at us with puppy dog eyes, like she did something wrong.

“Cecilia?” I said cautiously walking up to her. She growled at me and I stepped back a step. “It’s okay.”

She growled again, louder this time, I stepped against the wall. She shifted back and Avery ran towards her.

“You shifted!” she yelled.

“I know.” Cecilia said like she didn’t care.

*Cecilia*

I couldn’t believe I finally shifted, but I could wait until later to celebrate. I was upset with Jake and Parker. But I was more upset with myself, I thought Parker would be a perfect mate, but no he just wanted to bang the first piece of ass he could find. Jake just completely left me hanging, he was supposed to be my best friend, and now he wouldn’t even talk to me.

At lunch I sat with Avery and the rest of our friends ignoring Parkers attempts to talk to me. Jake was nowhere to be found, it was like he was avoiding me, I don’t really blame him much. The rest of the day went by uneventful. Once I got home I told my mom and dad that I shifted for the first time, they were so excited and happy that they started planning a party. My mom couldn’t wipe the smile off her face; my dad pulled Parker into his office and closed the door, probably talking about the arranged marriage they were planning. But me, I left the house.

I went to Jake’s. When I pulled up to his house I wasn’t thinking, I marched up to his door and knocked twice before he opened the door and sighed.

“What do you want?” he asked.

“I shifted today.” I told him.

“Oh my gosh, Cecilia!” he shouted. He pulled me into a hug. “That’s amazing.”

“I know.” I said hugging him back. “My parents are planning a party.”

“This doesn’t change things. I’m still mad at you.” He said looking out in the yard.

“Jake, I’m sorry.” I said. “You’re my best friend.”

“I know, but you have to understand. I don’t like the guy.” He said looking in my eyes. “I don’t trust him, when he’s around I won’t be. I support you and trust you, but if he hurts you I will kill him.”

“So what, are we like secret friends or something?” I asked frowning.

“No. I don’t forgive you, but I’m still your friend. You should go.” He said and walked back into the house. I sighed and walked over to my car.

“Sweetheart, where were you?” Mom asked when I walked into the house.

“I went to talk to Jake.” I said.

“Okay, well come sit down, we need to talk about the party.” I followed her into the kitchen and sit down beside her. Parker was across from me and my father was next to him.

“I think that you and Parker should walk into together, we will introduce you two as mates. Then the party will begin.” My father suggested.

“No.” I said. I received shocked expressions from my mom and dad and a glare from Parker. “I have a better idea.”

“What would that be?” my father asked.

“I walk in by myself and Parker can go to hell.” I said with a smirk.

“CECILIA!” my father roared.

“What has gotten into you?” Mom asked.

“Well you see, Parker here has a way with the ladies.” I said glaring at him. “I wouldn’t want the girls to know he was off limits.”

“Cecilia, what are you talking about?” Mom asked.

“Well, today before I shifted, I caught Parker flirting with some bobble head blonde.” I smirked. “I would rather not ruin his reputation.”

“Excuse me.” My father demanded looking at Parker.

“I wasn’t flirting, I was asking for her Science notes.” Parker explained.

“Yes, and after he told me that I pointed out that he had Science with me at the end of the day, this was before lunch when he asked. I also pointed out that this bimbo was a sophomore and he was a senior.” I said clearing up some unanswered question.

“Parker, we should have a little chat.” My father said looking at my mother and Parked. “Cecilia will you excuse us.”

“Of course, Father.” I said earning a glare from Parker as I walked out of the kitchen. I stood outside the kitchen door as I listened to my father lay into Parker about how he should treat his mate with respect of get out of his house and off his territory.  I heard my father dismiss him and I ran up the stairs smirking to myself.  

“I bet you are happy with yourself.” He said following me into my room.

“More than you could possible know.”I said smirking at him.

“Well, you don’t get everything you want, beautiful.” He said walking over to me and running his fingers up my arm. Chills were sent up my spine and I let out a breath of air I was holding in.

“Meaning?” I asked.

“The party is still going to happen, and I have a surprise for you.” He said and left her alone.

A surprise, what was that about? Like I care, Parker was really getting under my skin, it looked like we were going to be playing a game of ‘Who could embarrass/piss off who worse’, and this was going to be a game I wasn’t going to lose.