Chapter 14 - Transportation

Start from the beginning

"No problem," I replied.

He held my waist, and the place to step was narrow there. He stepped a little behind my foot, which was clinging to the edge of the hole, to enter the submarine. Then I saw the forest I had seen every day for those two weeks, and, upon reflection, that view was a wonderful gift, considering that all I could see was a bathroom from time to time or an eye exam, not a beautiful landscape, just blinding light.

Satisfied, I started to return to my original position. Eyder returned to where I was, and I couldn't help taking one more look at the sea before I started to descend the stairs. I went down all the metal stairs and looked around; everything was metallic but decorated inside.

The place also had glass, which I found incredible. It had an underwater theme with seaweed and shells, but all modernized. Eyder, who was coming down behind me, watched me for a moment and then smiled.

"Surprised?" he asked.

"Without a doubt, I never imagined seeing this. Well, I'm not very good at imagining things I've never seen before."

"I figured as much."

I looked around and realized that all the escapees had disappeared. A pang of worry hit me: had I trusted Eyder too much, leading us straight into a trap? My stomach churned, and I bit my lip before I even realized it.

"Calm down," he said, looking at me and noticing my nervousness. "The others are around here."

However, in that brief moment of walking a bit and passing through a door, I thought he had already trapped the others and was now guiding me to where I would be caught. I didn't want to think about it. Everyone had trusted me. On the other hand, Eyder seemed completely unworried. Another thought I had was that Eyder could be a disguised SAH.

We passed through the door and saw everyone. I breathed a sigh of relief; I didn't even know I had been holding my breath. I smiled and felt that it was a relief. I looked at everyone who was receiving food and blankets for those who wanted them. There was an entire team helping, and there was air conditioning.

I saw Lina staring at me with a somewhat mischievous smile, and at first, I didn't understand. Then she looked at me, then at Eyder, and then down. Confused, I looked at Eyder and then down, and it was at that moment that I saw Eyder was guiding me by the waist, perhaps thinking I might try to escape.

I didn't mind; he seemed to be a gentleman, just like the ones I used to read about when I was a child—well, when my older brother read to me. I had few memories of that time, and the few I had were somewhat blurry. I knew I didn't have a photographic memory, given all the hazy memories I had collected, but I was happy to at least remember the good times.

I received a hot chocolate, and although I wasn't cold, they gave me a blanket, which was much lighter than a blanket. For me, it was perfect. Eyder walked with me until he found a nice place for us to sit.

We sat there, looking at each other; it was good. He was very handsome, and I could look at him all the time and discover a new detail I hadn't seen before. That was what I liked about the world; there was always something new and beautiful to look at. At least I had the chance to see and witness these landscapes again.

We talked a little more about random topics, and it was nice to talk with him. Then, Lina joined us.

"Have you released your barrier yet?" Eyder asked me.

I looked up and remembered that I wouldn't be able to see it since we were inside. So, I forced my eyes to close, and it wasn't easy. I focused on my barrier. It was still there.

"It's still surrounding us."

"Can you release it? We're underwater now; they won't notice us."

"Are you sure?"