𝐇𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐱

Happy bday @Marvels_PotterHead

─────▕⃝⃤─────

The Christmas dinner turned out to be more tense than expected for many, especially for Astria, who became the target of deathly glares from Narcissa. They were all celebrating with the Wesley family this year. The entire Tonks family, Sirius and Remus (finally openly holding hands). Tonks' new girlfriend, who seemed extremely happy to be invited. Harry, Fleur, and of course, the Wesleys themselves.

Molly Weasley made sure that Narcissa accepted the invitation and that Astria was present, all in the name of "bringing friends together."

It was a pathetic excuse.

The woman had been trying for over a year to push Astria back into Fleur's arms, hoping to break Fleur and Bill's relationship.

Narcissa had surprisingly handled the failed insinuations well until now. It took just one glass of wine, and the Wesley matriarch started making random requests for help to Astria and Fleur. Curiously, she tried to entangle them under the mistletoe, like the webs of a really large spider.

Astria managed to gracefully dodge it for hours. But then, in a moment of distraction, Fleur fell into the trap and, by some twist of fate, took Astria with her.

"Astri... 'ow do you say? Coincidence?"

Astria cast confused eyes at Fleur, pondering her questions.

Following her gaze upwards, she saw a piece of mistletoe floating above them, buzzing provocatively. It took all her strength not to scream. Astria could feel Narcissa's eyes on her neck, and her feet were glued to the ground.

It was enchanted.

"Shall we kiss now, yes?" Fleur asked with flushed cheeks. Astria was trapped and couldn't move until she kissed the woman in front of her. She glanced at Fleur's lips for a brief moment, but it was enough to make her deadly nervous. She averted her gaze as if she'd been burned, wishing she could take a step back. But no matter how hard she tried, she was still just one small step away from the blonde.

"You seem nervous," Fleur commented, tucking a strand of Astria's black hair behind her ear. Why was Fleur smiling? She needed to stop smiling. Feeling cornered, Astria leaned in and quickly closed her eyes. It was supposed to be fast, just a kiss, and she would sit far away from any mistletoe and wouldn't move until she left.

But then, of course, Fleur had to put her hand on her waist and be... well... Fleur.

Their lips met, and somewhere in the house, a glass shattered, and Andy's voice sounded alarmed. They separated quickly, and to her growing panic, she heard a lamenting moan of loss from Fleur. Another snap, this time from one of the windows.

Molly Weasley seemed on the verge of setting off fireworks. Bill was surprisingly calm, sipping his eggnog as if nothing else in the world mattered.

As for Narcissa...

Astria spent the rest of the dinner rigid, trying not to tremble when she saw the blonde devour her sausages with unnecessary violence while staring deeply into her eyes.

The whole house was excessively decorated with hideous ornaments. No one except Astria seemed to notice that the little angel on top of the Christmas tree in the living room was, in fact, a bewildered garden gnome, painted gold, squeezed into a miniature tutu, with wings glued to its back. It glared angrily at everyone, the ugliest angel Astria had ever seen, with a bald head like a potato and very hairy feet.

Something told her it was Ginny Wesley's idea. She might even laugh about it if she weren't so tense watching Narcissa massacre her food as if she were killing someone.