𝐋𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲

─────▕⃝⃤─────

Surprise was an understatement when, the next day, a giant was at the door to collect her. But an even greater surprise was to see the bespectacled boy with green eyes next to him. So small and malnourished that it was a stark contrast.

"Ah, you again," Astria muttered with a touch of sarcasm, approaching the two.

"You-" The boy's eyes widened in surprise.

"Ah, Harry, I see you already know Miss. Shafiq," the bearded giant smiled between the two. "I'm Hagrid," he then extended his hand in an awkward bow. "Pleasure to meet you, young Astria. I knew your parents. You look very much like your mother, a true copy of her," he waved with a smile.

"You knew my mother?" Astria asked hopefully. Professor McGonagall wasn't reliable to answer her questions, but this odd man seemed more honest.

"Well... quite briefly, actually," he scratched his neck, visibly uncomfortable.

ₚᵤᵣₑ bₗₒₒdₛ dₒₙ'ₜ ₕₒₗd ₘᵤcₕ ᵣₑgₐᵣd fₒᵣ ₘy ₖᵢₙd

"What's a pure-blood?" She asked as they started walking down the street.

Hagrid appeared embarrassed and confused in equal parts, so he sidestepped the question, looking around and pointing at mundane things while muttering to himself: "These Muggle inventions..."

Astria hated when her questions were brushed aside, and the temptation to delve into his mind to extract every answer was strong. However, she knew that would only result in an inevitable headache. There she was, hoping he'd be helpful...

Astria suppressed a grimace as she unfolded the parchment and read once more:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Uniform

First-year students will require:

Three sets of plain work robes (black) One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear

One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar) One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings)

Students' clothes must bear name tags.

Books

Students must have one of each of the following:

The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander.

Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble.

Other Equipment:

Wand

Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2) Set of glass or crystal phials

Telescope Brass scales

Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.