"Auchh!"

"It's just an ice cream! You don't have to be stingy about it!" I scolded and stomped away from the ice cream stall, leaving the ice cream behind.

I found a nearby bench under the tree and sat there frowning, looking at the lake view in front of me. It's quite nice, not until a strawberry ice cream is held by someone blocking the beautiful view. My eyes sparkled for a while, not until I raised my head only to be greeted by Sam.

"Take it." She told.

"Don't want!" I frowned, looking away.

Sam smirked. "C'mon.." She brought the ice cream to my lips and smeared it all over my lips.

"SAMM!" I take the ice cream from her hands and repeatedly slap her arm annoyed with her for laughing nonstop. Wait.

'She laughed.'

Sam is laughing. The reaction stunned Mon for the second time today. It's beautiful yet so hard to witness it. Even a smile is already hard to see coming from that handsomely gorgeous face.

'Why, Sam? You look better with a smile, but why are you so cold? What happened to the radiant smile of yours?'

I glare at her when her laugh already subsides. "You can be persistent, huh?" I wiped my lips with the tissue and licked the remaining.

"Yeah? Am I?" She asked teasingly, and I caught her looking at my lips.

"Yes, persistent, cold, foul mouth and what's more..." I'm thinking of insulting her more.

"You left the unprofessional one." She reminded me.

"Yess! Unprofessional...wait?" I looked at her and wondered.

"Your worker told you that?"

"Mind you, everything that happens or is told at the receptionist's table on the 30th floor will be travelling around the whole building in no time."

"Means, your employees talk behind your back? But you still let them work under you?"

"If I were to fire everyone that talks about me, my whole building would be empty. They have mouths, they can talk all they want."

I looked at her amusedly at how she could tolerate people going around talking about her and still letting them work for her.

"Since we are already on this topic. Don't you think you owe me something?" I squinted my eyes, looking at her.

SAM'S POV

My heart skipped a beat, looking at her, licking her plump lips. How can she be cute and sexy at the same time?

'Stop it, Sam!'

I don't know why I keep wanting to tease her today. The moment I saw her skipping to the ice cream stall, looking at her bouncing wavy hair along the way, she did something to my heart. But, I just shrugged it off.

'It's impossible, Sam. It's too early.'

I can simply pay for her ice cream, and even if it's not her, I will just pay anyone who happens to be in her situation. But, I don't know why, I want to tease and make her angry. I want her to show her pouty face and her frowning eyebrows. I enjoyed it without realising it.

She even simply makes me laugh.

'Stop it, Sam. This is not going anywhere. I bet even she's not ready to settle down. She's young, and there's still a lot ahead of her.'

Finally, she brought up the issue between them.

"That's it. That's my compensation." I showed the direction towards the ice cream using my mouth.

"What the...you think I'm a kid to settle down on an ice cream? It involved my time and energy waiting for you, wasting my petrol travelling coming to you, and it is not once but twice! You made my team work twice as much to change the theme as the location had changed. Now you tell me to settle on an ice cream? Not even an apology? Are you serious, Sam? Is this how you handle business? Simply get over dinner or lunch to make up your own mistake?" She let out everything.

"I think you've gone overboard." I clenched my jaw, holding my anger.

Kirk warned me about her talkative sister, but I didn't expect it to be this kind of talkative.

"If it is about the agreement, I already signed it, and Yha already sent it to you!" I emphasized.

"No, I didn't get anything! Not even a reply from your company." She fought back.

"Yes, I already signed it, MYSELF. Are you implying that I forgot my action?"

"When?"

"The night that I ditched you for the second time," I stated the truth.

"Oh finally, you admit your mistake! Ms. Samanun."

I'm boiling inside, I don't know how our conversation escalated this fast. I just want to tease her about the ice cream compensation.

"If you think I owe you an apology, you owe me too," I argued.

"On what?" She doesn't back up.

"You hit me with your handbag going out from the lift the day of our supposed meeting, and you just left without saying sorry. How rude you can be, huh?"

"That's because you deserve it! You're so petty to compare my simple fault to your mistakes. Just admit that you are unprofessional and that even a simple collaboration can't be handled by you!"

"Oh, you're that professional then? Inheriting the business from your family, literally being fed in the mouth, so professional of you, huh?"

"You literally the same, Sam!"

"At least I worked my way to the top, not easily claiming the CEO position after I graduated." I can see her fuming after I speak the truth.

Mon, with full of anger that had consumed her heart, lashed out at her argument that even left Sam unprepared for it.

"At least I don't need my grandmother to intervene in my liin fe and make her introduce someone to me. It only happens to you because you're so petty, snobbish,...." She pointed her finger at my shoulder, repeatedly emphasizing my attitude. "...so full of yourself and nobody wants to involve themselves in your life!"

Her words stabbed me deeply.

'Yeah, it's the truth, but the truth always hurts, huh?'

My heart stung.

'How can that pretty mouth of hers let out such hurtful words?'

It's hurt and suffocating. I almost can't breathe. But, I can't show it to her. I don't want her to pick on my vulnerable side. I look away and abruptly stand up from my seat.

"Let's go," I said, without even looking at her.

To be continued...

*

*

*

Double update! Thank you for reading. I would appreciate it if you could leave some comments on the story 🫶🏻
- Lxyhans