Gabriel hums and folds his arms over his chest, cupping his elbows. "They have the right to know what happened, I know your relationship with them right now isn't the best but you almost died, Lex."

"What did they say?" My throat clenches.

"That they're worried about you but glad you're safe, they want you to call them as soon as you feel like you're ready. I'm not going to pressure you too but they want to hear from you themselves." He says and I stare back at him.

I want to scoff but I don't even have the energy to do that.

"Right," I nod and turn back to the mirror.

"Lex," Gabriel says. "You do what you want to do. It's none of my business, alright?"

My lips press together and I hum. "Yeah. Where is Lonzo?" I ask, changing the subject.

"He's been working this morning, on the phone. Checking on Zane."

"How is he?" My heart skips a beat, he was shot in the leg. I completely forgot.

Gabriel nods. "Recovering. He's okay."

"That's good," I exhale a breath of relief. "How's everything with the empire?"

He presses a hand to the back of my head and ruffles my wet hair. "Nothing for you to worry about, Lex. Leave that shit with us and focus on getting better."

"Okay," I agree, not wanting to start an argument. "What's going on with you and Lonzo? Did you two make up?"

His arm raises and he brushes his fingers down the back of his dark hair, the corner of his lip turning upwards. "I guess some things were clarified the day that Landon decided to kidnap you," he starts. "The way he'd talk about you and the look in his eyes when he saw you on the floor, bloody and bruised–" he cuts himself off and shakes his head. "I knew from that look in his eye, the desperation to get you back and make Landon pay. That shit was real, so fucking real."

I twist back around to him and drag my eyes to his. "We did try to tell you."

"With Lonzo's reputation, I was worried he'd hurt you. But you, Lex... I don't know what you've done to that man but he's not the guy I met all those years ago. It's like all of a sudden he's adopted a heart and I can't believe my eyes!" He exclaims and I feel tears gather in my lash line.

After what feels like weeks, I manage to take a big breath of relief. "I was worried that you were going to hate me forever."

He slings his arm over my shoulder. "I could never hate you, Lex. Maybe your choices, but never you. We're family and nothing could break that. Even if you've decided to have a romantic relationship with my boss."

"I love him, Gabriel." I admit suddenly.

Gabriel flashes me a smile. "I know and Lonzo loves you too. More than I thought he could love anyone or anything, even his empire. You beat everything else."

A small short laugh passes my lips. "Now that's a title I love to have."

"I know you're still processing everything," he steps closer. "But you can talk to me about anything. I want to be there for you. I know you need the extra support right now, but I'm always here."

"I know," I nod and step forward to hug him. "I know you're both going to protect me and be there."

He tucks me under his chin and we hug each other for what feels like a lifetime but I needed it, I have needed this since our argument. I don't want to fall out with Gabriel and lose the only family member I truly care about and cares about me in return.